Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hard rubbish looting

For months my husband and I complained that we needed a stool for the outside benches. I couldn't justify buying new ones because I'm just too tight to buy new ones for a work area.
And there it was
one stool for my husband.
Tube steel legs and a broken wood seat that I can fix in a blink or make a new one. Being a woody comes in handy

and then as I was briskly walking home at 12am with stool in hand there it was
my stool
rust and all
its mine
I remember these when I was a kid
wow its old
And its a step ladder too.
I'm so rapt
Ill clean off the surface rust easy, clean off paint splats, find a rubber stopper for the leg and voila, a perfect stool/stepladder for my wood cutting bench:)
Going back out tonight to collect a few more items that I spied.

5 comments:

Leanne January 19, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

Ooh I love those finds! Almost as much as I love that funky little reminder of my youth too...little dual purpose gem!

CurlyPops January 19, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

I love that stool and they're so hard to find these days...lucky you!

Lavender January 19, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

LOl the step ladder stool - I havent seen one of those in a longer time than I could bear to admitt to! LOL Great finds both and WAY TO GO!!!!
Why do people insist on buying more crap made in crap factories, instead of making little effort go a long way...WHY??!!

Ooops, getting silly again, sorry!

BTW - your new header makes me want to get productive :)

Anonymous,  January 19, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

excellent! they're both very handsome stools. i love recycling other people's treasures.

Anonymous,  January 21, 2009 at 2:38 AM  

Great finds!

Watch this!

Blog Archive

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP