Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Saturday, April 11, 2009

W I P Garland

One of my passions is Garland and Bunting. This is my 1 year long work in progress for my Christmas tree(which we now officially call our Boxing day tree because we don't celebrate Christmas and felt a bit fake) It is now 4 meters long but I am aiming for 10 and I seem to have trouble matching the chain. Also I have misplaced my washi paper which is going to embellish those little wooden hearts.

....Hope you are all having a fab Easter break where ever you are and how ever you celebrate or don't celebrate it. Me, well I'm working like a dog to lay pavers before winter sets in and list my products on the website I am building. I did the whole spending time with family and I'm over it:) Gosh I'm awful aren't I? It was a whole week though guys, come on, that's a good effort for a solitary person.
Cheers all
Melanie

P.S if any of you crafty chicks out there have an idea of materials that I can use for heart shape objects for my garland please let me know.

6 comments:

Ooty April 11, 2009 at 3:20 AM  

CLAY CLAY CLAY =D
Happy HOliday!!!!

Anonymous,  April 11, 2009 at 2:14 PM  

Have you tried salt dough? You can press pretty things into it. Glass beads or stuff that won't be affected by the slow oven heat. Elsie

manda April 12, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

Polymer clay is one of my favourite objects! Also felt, where you couls make little 3-D hearts by sewing two together and stuffing them.

I was thinking, since it's autumn, you could make an autumn leaf garland by collecting some nicely shaped leaves and either pressing them or having them laminated.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Love Manda. xx

Fauna April 13, 2009 at 10:01 AM  

How organized you are...already planning for that Christmas tree. Beautiful start to the garland. I love the clay hearts you are making and your Easter tree looks great! I'm sure the spiders appreciated the fact that the Easter bunny left some goodies for them! ;) You asked me if I was one of those Americans that decorated my front door with seasonal tidings....no, not really. We do put up Christmas light at Christmas though. My mom on the other hand puts out a seasonal tree for every holiday! BTW, your blog looks great witht he new layout!

Lisa April 13, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

Sorry Melanie, that last comment from Fauna was me, I forgot to sign in. Since the little one has her own blog now, we haven't gotten in the habit of signing off and on yet. ;)

xxx April 13, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

May I ask why you don't celebrate Christmas? Have I missed something?
I'm totally cool with not celebrating Christmas...
I know lots of people who don't and but way more that do.

best wishes and happy crafting

Ribbon

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP