Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Saturday, April 25, 2009

First week of School Term 2

I walked and rode my bike along this path everyday after a 2 week break. Some one call a medic please. It was all made worth while by the sprinkling of dappled light on the new green grass that lay out infront of me for the 4.4 kilometer walk.

One thing that I pondered on the way is a question Mr nunde and I always ask regarding Freeway fencing. Do you ever look at it? Do you ever wonder if there is like a clicky group of freeway wall people who get together at conventions and hand out awards for the best freeway wall? Mr nunde and I have started judging them in our travels. Most rate very low but some are exquisite. I bet they were done by the Elite Freeway Wall Arteest and all of the other wall builders secretly hate him.... As you can tell, I'm unfit, and this exercise is causing me to think more strangely than usual.


On Friday Mr nunde and took off to see Cirque De Soleil Dralion and we had been excited about this since November when we forked out $200 for the tickets.
Mum if you are reading this today READ NO FURTHER( mum and miss nunde are seeing Dralion on Sunday)

We went to the matinee version so that may have some bearing on the averageness that we experienced. The first half was OK and slightly entertaining but ruined by Mr stupid head who clapped so loudly behind me that my ears bled. Seriously folks. Loud clappers ruin it for us people that arn't hearing impaired so cut it out. His kid, Miss stupidhead kicked me in my backside bone 3 times for which she was glared at and last but not least little miss gorgeous and 2 yrs old next to me picked her nose constantly and ate it until I went EWWWW YUCK to her and we had a staring match then, me not looking away incase she wiped it on me, and her not looking away to pick a quick winner to wipe on me because I was clearly being OLD and ruining her fun. Thankfully her mother was having as miserable time as me when Miss 2 started banging on her fairy floss bucket and I laughed maniacally with my inside voice at the thought of how hyped up her kids will be late that night.
Mr nunde and I were already niggly because the trams directions were unclear and by half time we were ready to go home. We decided to stay because we waited for our kid free day out and we were going to bloody well have it no matter what....
Anyway. The next half was spectacular and more along the lines of what we expected to see.
The moral to this story. If you want to get away from your kids, don't go to a matinee of anything because other people who like their kids take them with them.

The best bit of the day was being stopped on the bridge to let them film a few takes of the series Rush on channel 10. We snuck a pic of the young girl cop and she is just as pretty in real life as she is in the show.

The male copper/actors were there too but I didn't get my camera out quick enough and Mr nunde and I got a bit giggly because we got to see actors even though normally we would deny that we even cared or were effected by famous people.

To end the week off it was the Farmers Market today at The Old Cheese Factory and I was run off my feet making coffee. Thank you Elsie and Rick for the lovely compliment about my coffee making skills (phew, I didn't know they ordered a coffee so I am glad I passed the test)




No craft or business news to report and I am very behind on my blog reading and comments. I shall remedy that after a nice sit down and a cuppa. Oh and I am also on a mission so if any of my lovely U.S visitors know the answer please help! My husband (the dude from Ohio) was reminiscing about a Texas Sheet Cake he used to have made for him. Any ideas on what this is girls? I'll google it but I would love any advice.(Ignorant Aussie chick here who needs epicurean assistance)
OK that's all for now.
Hope this post finds you all well
Cheers!
Melanie

9 comments:

Baino April 25, 2009 at 7:51 PM  

Actually freeway walls or at least the silly designs on them go via government grant to little known artists (my daughter used to work for a Govt grant dependee!). As for Dralion, I am a Cirque groupie. I've seen all the ones that have been in Sydney and we tend to do the Saturday 5pm matinee. Big kids not snot boxes. I didn't like it as much as the others but they're so, so clever and I love the live music. It's a financial stretch but well worth it. Hey, I'm coming to Melb on 22nd for 4 days . .where's the Cheese Factory and can we get there by public transport?

Melanie April 25, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

Baino - See! I knew it, an artist is involved somehow even if its with the decorations on them.

Theres no public transport to the cheese factory:( its miles from the train which sux because I reckon I could lure visiting bloggers to come visit way easier if it was near a train.
As for dralion. I overheard a lady who was a regular behind me confirm my suspicions that they left alot of the great stuff out of the first half of the show and it was mainly fillers. The second half made up for it though. The sound was awesome too.

Anonymous,  April 26, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

OK Melanie. Now I'm going to tell everyone out there in blogland that all that walking etc. is paying off. You're half the girl you used to be, I had to look twice to see you yesterday. I find freeway walls dead boring. In Queensland, Gold Coast or Sunshine, I forget which, some of them are painted with murals of animals and plants. Much nicer. Elsie.

Mon @ bpab April 26, 2009 at 3:05 PM  

I am always taking note of the freeway walls.... on east link now on the new part, there are some rather interesting pieces. They are always really odd though aren't they??

Lisa April 27, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

Texas sheet cake? Never heard of it. Shame on the stupidhead family for being that way. I am schooling my girls in "dainty lady school," where nose picking and kicking backbones is not allowed. ;)

Melanie April 27, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

Elsie - Although I know you are being kind I am still pretty chuffed about the small changes and that people are starting to notice. I wonder if anyone has done a coffee table book on freeway walls , they seem to have books on everything else :)

Monica - some are odd and beyond my comprehension. I do like the one near us though with the pretty lights although it is dangerous for people like me who are attracted to lights and lose all concentration.

Lisa - I could never imagine your gorgeous little girls behaving so inconsiderately. I must credit the mum of little miss nose picker though, she was desperately trying to restrain her. If only Mr stupidhead followed her example:)
As for Texas Sheet Cake, I have determined that it is just mudcake with coffee done in a sheet pan lol. Now that I can do and look forward to it:)

Lucy Bowler April 27, 2009 at 8:24 PM  

This post just cracked me up - not just the freeway wall artiste, but the part about the kids at Dralion... 'parents who like their kids' - that sounds grinchy just like me! There's nothing worse than having a child-free day, only to be surrounded by other people's loud children! We went to Melbourne on the train recently and my ears nearly bled due to one particularly loud boy whose parents didn't think to shoosh... I nearly cried. Thank you for warning me about matinees - I'd been thinking they would be a good way to see a show on a budget - but then again, maybe not!

Melanie April 28, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

Lucy - I know I sound just awful about the kiddies but I have been around them now for 18 years so I value my "free time" as if it were gold. I sound a little bitter dont I? lol. I'll get over it hehe:)

Lucy Bowler April 28, 2009 at 6:28 PM  

Not bitter, not bitter at all!!! (and what about me? I've only had 6 years of it - not 18 like you!)

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP