Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Creative Space

Project "girl up workbench" COMPLETE

and just in time for My Creative Space

Tools are out to be charged and cleaned. If only I had that kind of passion for cleaning my house. Green Balls on bench are an experiment using left over napkins and Christmas balls. Please don't ask me what they are, I have no idea. It was one of those "oh that would be cool to try" moments plus I have a thing for pretty napkins. I love em almost as much as I love patty pans.
So my woodwork bench is done and my husband found the Bunting to be an affront to his masculinity( yes score!) but only after he made off with some pliers. Argh, my tools mister......

I have been commissioned by my husband to make miniature bases and today I ordered some micro router bits from the US. So my workbench is ready for me to plonk my cutesy micro tool router table on and a routing I will go! I know its not a very girly space but I am all a gush over how many things I will make this winter there. Buttons, bag handles, embroidery reels, the list goes on and on:) Bring on the wasted wood I can reshape and refashion.
I had fun doing it but I am glad it is over.

If you are into crafty things and spying on them Go check out every one elses creative space at Kootoyoo's

Im going to kick back now and read a few days worth of blogs, and take a gander as everyone elses spaces.

Cheers!

19 comments:

edward and lilly April 16, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

Your space is amazing, I love that it has lots of light and is so well organised.

Unknown April 16, 2009 at 5:38 PM  

Melanie,
Your space is fantastic. I am so impressed that you have your own woodworking tool space, you go girl!!! My husband had two Dremel kits and I said to him that I needed one for my off the page projects so he gave me my own and it proudly sits on my shelf for all to see lol.
Regards
Michelle M

Bimbimbie April 16, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

LOL I didn't see the bunting at first, too impressed with your tool line up ... you look set for some serious crafting/play. Looking forward to seeing what gets created*!*

Jeana Marie April 16, 2009 at 7:13 PM  

look at all your tools!!!!!

jealous!

love your space :)

frutejuce April 16, 2009 at 8:28 PM  

I would love to have a workspace like that. It is amazing!

Jemma. April 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

I love bunting! Very nice touch. I think peg boards are amazing too, very handy :)

handmaiden,  April 16, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

I have to say I've never seen a tool bench before in creative spaces, how different and look forward to see yr projects

Baino April 16, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

Not a girly space! You're kidding, you should see my shed full of tractors and tools and horsey gear! You're very neat and tidy and I love the flashes of pink . .no man will dare to tread!

Anonymous,  April 16, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

J E A L O U S ! ! !

Don't think I've ever been greener looking at someone's space. I couldn't decide to pursue stitching or woodwork, I'm seriously wondering if I made the right decision. I'm completely blown away.

xxx April 16, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

Your creative space is awesome!

Well done.

Have fun with it.

best wishes Ribbon

Levin April 17, 2009 at 10:17 AM  

we are not at all set up to do woodwork and i would so love to make things - can i come to you - your space looks pretty :)
l
x

Kirsty April 17, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

BEST creative space ever. I want to move in with you!

Lavender April 17, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

I am loving how beautifully organized it is, oh! I hope to achieve that one day LOL

Melanie April 17, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

edward and lilly - I had clear roofing panels put in too for extra light.

Bohemian Gypsy - I am a little obsessed with tools especially love using micro tools.

Bimbimbie - I think I had more fun organizing the peg board than I do making anything lol

Jeanmarie - i wish I had so many more tools ..and a bigger shed

Alison - Thank you, its everything I always wanted, except now I need another one.

amity ville boronia - I am a mad bunting fanatic and would cover my whole property if I could lol

handmaiden - that was my particular space I was working on the day of the topic. the oposite end is full of sewing machines and more of a textile enviroment which I guess is what most people expect to see in a creative space.

Baino - oh sure Girl, just rub it in that your shed is WAY bigger than mine and you can fit tractors and stuff in it lol I would fight ya for your shed lady hehe joke Hey I reckon a bit of bunting on the tractor would be a nice touch lol

MissyP- do both. they both complement one another beleive it or not and if you can handle a sewing machine you can handle a bandsaw.

Ribbon - Thanks:) Im so excited about sitting on my new chair that I rescued from Hard rubbish day and go mad with my lathe.

littlechrissy - yes it is a bit WOW in that it is hard to imagine making pretty things in that space:)

Levin and Emily anytime! As long as you sign a waiver that says I am not responsible for any injuries:)

Kirsty - I am surprised and pleased by everyones response at my not so girly and dainty workspace.

Lavender - Whilst my shed looks organized, my house is totally chaotic. Infact if anyone comes round for coffee, Id feel more comfortable entertaining them in the shed lol

Jenaveve April 17, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

Wow, now that's some serious toolage. I just had a giggle at your note about the red paint I'm thinking about - I hope it doesn't make me angry!

Well I'll be keen to see what gems come out of this incredible area.

Leslie April 18, 2009 at 2:01 AM  

That is an amazing space! I love it. I wish I was so well organized.

CurlyPops April 18, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

Oh wow... that must be what craft girl heaven looks like!

Corrie April 20, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

wow that is so cool! jealousy!

Corrie:)

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP