Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday satisfaction

It was my gardening day today and due to my sluggish self inflicted sugar coma from my Easter binge, I didn't last long. Long enough, however, to check my pellies for injuries from the
Anti- Gardeners (dogs)
Temporary gate nailed in place to keep them out of Pellie patch.


Wu believes Pig is a chair. I believe they re in my Pellie section AGAIN and this was taken moments before I chased them out and nailed up and old bed based....yeah ya wreckers, see how you like that.......



OK so now onto a work in progress. This is my Eco-bling tag that I worked on last night. I gave up at one point. Too hard. The idea was in my head but I couldn't make it work and it seemed so simple. This is the closest version I can get to my logo. They will be made from 100% collected dead wood and I am burning the logo in. I am trying to remain as low impact as possible and you cant get more natural. I am aiming for everything on my eco range of wares to be 100% compostable/biodegradable etc.


When I start doing OK I will get a brand made up but the logo below is what I am trying to achieve. Close enough for now.


Lastly I am getting rid of this old leather briefcase circa 70's? I have it on eBay for .99 cents and I would love it to be refashioned as I intended to do with it. I just have so many projects on and work and it was becoming another thing to add to the declining space and ever expanding pile of WIP's. My boss gave it to me and I feel awful. If anyone wants to retro fit/refashion it let me know and if there are no bids I will take it off eBay and you can just pay for postage(11.00 to Australia only sorry) or pick it up. I seriously wanted to dye/paint the leather pink LOL bright shiny pink hmmmm nope, Im letting it go......must be strong.... Just email me personally if you think you can do something with it.


Off to cook dinner. Easter break is over. My nunde adventures are about to begin again! As Big Kev would say "Im Excited"
Cheers all

Melanie

10 comments:

Baino April 20, 2009 at 6:44 AM  

Like the idea of an 'eco' range. There's a guy that does something similar at the Rocks Market but I think he actually carves patterns into his little pieces. Very intricate and time consuming. I still can't get over you calling your lovely labrador 'Pig'. Hope the briefcase finds a good home, if I had a single crafty bone in my body, I'd take it but sadly I was born without a craft gene! Have a good week!

Leanne April 20, 2009 at 9:17 AM  

Oh love the bling tags!! Fabulous!

Levin April 20, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

personally i love the bag as it is - it's fantastic!
i love the tag - it looks earthy and natural.
hope you are coming down off your sugar high :)
l
x

Anonymous,  April 20, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

Oh yes. Love the tag. Perfect for your bags. Elsie

LuLu Mypinkturtle April 20, 2009 at 11:07 PM  

Bonjour Melanie! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for joining my list of followers! I LOOOOVE your shop, your logo, your dogs and your spunk! Come and visit any time! LuLu

Melanie April 21, 2009 at 8:57 AM  

Baino - I called him Pig after the movie Babe so I could say "Come Pig" and "That'll do Pig". As for crafty gene, Sometimes I doubt that I have it and I am glad not everyone wants to have it because other wise who would need my stuff? :)

Leanne - Thanks!!

Levin - Thanks and yes I am coming down from my sugar high with a crash:) I caught a cold off of one of my germy kids.

Elsie - Thanks. I bet you could probably advise me on how to do it better with all of your woodworking skills so I might pick your brain one day.

Lulu - Bonjour. It was a pleasure finding your blog and I intend to come back regularly. Cheers!

Jacqueline April 22, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

Ah!! I just bought a bag like this at my local market on Sunday. Oh well, I hope your finds a good home

Jenaveve April 22, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

That is just the funniest. Wu is to die for (and Pig doesn't seem to mind being sat on too much!)

The eco logo design is very cool, I love the concept. I can see how impossible it would be to get the 'rings' rather than the solid spheres. Good luck with the developing!

Lisa April 24, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

The tags are gorgeous. Brilliant idea Melanie! BTW, I LOVE geraniums too. I have all kinds...I especially love the scented geraniums. Your dogs are too cute!

Bimbimbie April 25, 2009 at 6:41 AM  

I love the movie Babe and that you call your dog Pig.

Your tags look great ... did you sell your briefcase?

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP