Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sleepy Sunday and scarves

It is too wet to play outside so I was at a loss.
Sunday is my gardening day and I look forward to it all week. So I stayed in my very pink tracksuit set all day with my unbrushed hair and panda eyes while I sat and ate alot, read magazines, blogged and knitted. It is a good thing I have already trapped a man because after that advertisement of how glamorous I am I don't think anyone will be knocking my door down should I become single( may that never happen)

I have half finished a scarf which I was inspired to knit when I saw GreenOlive's gorgeous creations. Now I'm no knitter but she is so if you want to buy stylish and unique scarves for winter I highly recommend visiting her shop.

This is my:
Wearable Work In Progress
A stranded scarf

I hadn't finished it but I really needed a nice scarf to wear into the city on Friday to see Dralion. It still had the dags hanging off the ends so I took my crochet hook with me and finished it on the train. I loved it. So soft and felt luxurious.
Almost finished strand


Followed by

an attempt to crochet the next strand but as you can see it looks like a dogs breakfast and I need more crochet lessons. I might have to invite myself into Joyce's, my 85 yr old friend up the road and just happen to have my wool and crochet hook handy.

The combinations are endless and I am working on a clip or something made out of wood to fasten them all at the neck. The idea is in my head but I have no idea what I really mean.

It looks like my briefcase is going to a good home and my collection of knitting needles. I am glad about that and might have to treat myself to a new scarf.... :)

Keep warm or cool depending on what side of the planet you are on. Be well!

Melanie

3 comments:

CurlyPops April 26, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

We need nice warm scarves on a day like today! Yours is gorgeous.

Lisa April 27, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

You crack me up! The pink track suit and panda eyes.....too funny. That's exactly how a sunday should be.

Robin April 27, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

You are very right, in already having a man... if they weren't husbands and saw us like that, they would all run away! (true test to the Hubs too for not)

It's always so wonderful to finish a scarf, yours is beautiful. Good job!

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP