Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Trash Talk

This week my trash talk topic was made easy when my awesome friend Aisha who is a real artist sent me some links that she knew I would love.

Bonnie Meltzer is from Portland, Oregon and she is an artist who makes very mixed-media constructions from a variety of unusual materials: crocheted wire, recycled computer parts, painted surfaces and digital photography. I really enjoyed browsing through her artwork and became very inspired.

Bonnie MeltzerVery Mixed Media Constructions

This link especially sparked my interest Art of Recycling Competition

Entry forms and details are available on the site.
I cannot believe I missed this little gem of a site and it has a blog too ATASDA Australian Textile Arts & Surface Design Association Inc

Thank you Aisha for your contribution.
That's it for talking trash.
Don't forget, It's your trash, think about what you are going to do with your trash and most importantly reduce/recycle/refashion/re-use your trash.

Cheers All
Melanie

5 comments:

Ooty April 21, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

This is great! thanks!

Lavender April 22, 2009 at 7:00 AM  

Oh! I cant look! I dont need another excuse to allow myself to collect more STUFF to do STUFF with SOMEDAY LOL!
But I do have one for you, you know those big fridge magnets that some companies print calendars on and drop in your mailbox? Well, staple scrap paper to them, and Wha La! Instant grocery list or to do pad for your fridge...I felt pretty smug when I came up with that...please feel free to share it, Cheers!

Anonymous,  April 22, 2009 at 1:36 PM  

Unrelated topic: Just had a look at your photo blog. Tried to leave a comment but muffed it. Just wanted to say Melanie your pics are spectacular. Elsie

Jacqueline April 22, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

Hi Melanie, Just letting you know I've closed my Inspire Files blog for now. Thanks for following along. Bye now,
Jacqui

Melanie April 23, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

Ooty - Thanks for taking a look:)

Lavender - I have filed that one under "great idea for a trash talk tutorial when I get a magnet delivered" and you will get all the credit of course. I love it when I dont have to think too hard hehe.

Elsie - Thank you. I am just a beginner but am already hooked.

Jacqui - Thanks for letting me know. Good Luck!

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP