Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Pear and Cranberry Loaf

I highly recommend this loaf from Better Homes and Gardens recipes May 2009. Pictured above is the delicious result. Here's my lazier version for people with low concentration spans.

Ingredients
2 Pears
1 cup of craisins
125g of soft butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
2/3 cup of caster sugar( I use a quarter of a cup but I am dieting)
1 and a half cups of Self Raising flour
1/2 cup of buttermilk


Preheat oven to 180ºC (Does anyone ever really do that>?)

Peel, core, cut up pears.

Throw into your mixing bowl butter eggs and vanilla and mix for 3 minutes( I lasted about 40 seconds, come on Better homes and Gardens 3 minutes takes ages...boring.....)

Chuck in flour and buttermilk, stir until thoroughly combined.

Throw in the pears and cranberries, combine then tip entire contents into a lightly greased loaf tin.

Cook for 30- 35 minutes

Poke it with a skewer to see if it is cooked through, now I know you all know how to do that. Then devour! (thats the bit I am really super good at)

6 comments:

Melanie April 8, 2009 at 6:22 PM  

im not talking to myself I swear, I am just testing something:)

Miss Muggins April 11, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

Entertaining post. Will have to try the recipe - with the shortcuts and the reduced sugar too!

Beth April 11, 2009 at 9:46 PM  

I love both cranberries and pears, so this is definitely a winning recipe for someone like me!

Leanne April 14, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

Ooh I was just looking at this in the magazine this morning!! Must be a sign a have to make it!

ren January 24, 2010 at 9:35 PM  

Oh wonderful! I did a pantry cleanout yesterday and discovered two bags of craisons that need to be used soon - I shall be trying this!

PS- just stumbled on you via some other blogs I read - lovely blog!

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP