Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Panic, bad food and chaos

This image of my unfinished knitting projects represents the state of my brain

I broke my "get healthy diet" on Easter Sunday and binged every day. Chocolate, chips, pizza, fried foods, everything I hadn't touched for 3 full weeks. Don't do it girls, ever! My brain is fuzzy, I ache more and I am sluggish. Now I have to start again.
The farmers Market is on this Saturday and I recall saying "She'll be right mate, I got a tonnes of time" PANIC. Bags havent got handles, logo image isn't ready for screen print and tags not even designed. Market is next weekend.
Gate to keep dogs out of my precious pelargoniums not finished by due date (NOW)
It isn't the end of the world but it is a sharp reminder of how food can impact on us and the effects resonate into everyday things. I am a Kenworth Truck running on an engine that can barely fire up a Mini Cooper.
God that chocolate tasted divine though!......

Hey! for everyone that stopped by this week to day hello, twitter me, email me and what not THANKS! You are all ace and ya make me feel pretty spesh.

Cheers
Melanie

7 comments:

Levin April 18, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

I know what you mean about the food. I wasn't really on a strict diet, but I'd cut out crap and chose healthy options - but since the holidays started I've been eating crap, crap, crap and I'm feeling it.
Goodluck with all the projects
l
x

Anonymous,  April 18, 2009 at 6:13 PM  

yeah! at almost 40 i'm finally beginning to realise the truth behind that old saying "you are what you eat". better late than never i suppose. hope you are feeling better soon.

Kelly Thorpe April 19, 2009 at 2:08 AM  

I feel your pain. I had lost 16lbs just eating healthier, and over the weekend I just lost my mind. Ever since I have been eating candy out of Easter baskets, and eating like a mad woman! I also feel sluggish, and jut plain yuck! We WILL get back on track! We have to! Don't wanna continue feeling this way :) You can do it! Your projects will get done, too... we have faith in ya!
Kelly :)

Melanie April 19, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

levin - I cant beleive I am looking forward to eating alfalfa again:)

ladybug-zen - I think it was a blessing really to see how much fitter I really was and how food really does effect us.

Kelly - You would be a fab fitness coach, too bad you live far away. I hear ya though, We Can Do It!

Lisa April 19, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

I have also hit a weak spot involving chocolate and these fantastic cheese potato wedges we can get at a pub near by. MMMM, so good, but so bad! You can get back on track again. I have faith in you! Now I NEED to finish packing, I really don't like packing...off to the mountains in Virginia.

Jodie @ The Haby Goddess April 19, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

Melanie, in regards to your comment about Salvo's being pricey - I was looking for so nylon ribbon and the salvo's were asking more than the original ticketed price!!! I find the little op shops much better :-)

Mon @ bpab April 19, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

You are echoing what's happened to me! Easter is truly EVIL! We finished our detox off a few days earlier for Easter (and I was getting really weak too). But it was the worst time to finish it because we went straight into eating crap, instead of easing our way into the bad stuff!
Oh well, back to normal now....
Take it easy! x

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP