Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Trash Talk

It is still plastic but at least they are doing something.

Short and sweet on the environmental topic this week because I have trash to deal with at home. I have been working so hard on my business in the last fortnight and even though everyone else including MR nunde is on break....no one kept up the housework in my absence. This is a working from home mums dilemma as many of you know. I worked until 11pm some nights after working all day and then making sure they had dinner by 6.30..... oh how this is declining into a pity party rant, if I proceed and get too worked up I may well put that recycled environmentally friendly bag over someones head if they don't start figuring out where the vacuum cleaner is!!!!
I wish you all joy and a clean house:)

7 comments:

Levin April 14, 2009 at 9:17 AM  

goodluck with that - my kids don't even know what a vacuum cleaner is!!!
l
x

xxx April 14, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

ribbonsblog@yahoo.com.au

and good luck with training the family to clean. It's a lifelong exercise!

Ribbon :-)

Anonymous,  April 14, 2009 at 12:56 PM  

Nah. It doesn't work. Eventually they leave home and begin wallowing in their own mire. Though sometimes they surprise you which proves that you never do really catch up with them. Keeping Mum guessing is the name of the game. Elsie

Beth April 14, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

Urgh. You poor thing :( I'd be furious! I've been trying to train my partner to see mess. It's honestly like he is blind, but only to, say, great piles of washing that need folding and putting away.

Melanie April 15, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

Levin &Emily - my kids abuse mine by trying to suck up things bigger than their head in it.

Ribbon - exercise? does that mean it will help me lose weight hehe.

Elsie - I cant wait to visit my kids and just drop a banana on their floor and maybe roll over it a few times then leave. Maybe I will save the squished one I found in the boys room last week for just that moment

Beth - in my observation, the spouses start helping around the house after you are retired and have the spare time anyhow and no kids left so there is barely a mess. My stepdad and dad now think they deserve a medal because they can vacuum.... after 50 yrs of letting the wife do it:)

Baino April 15, 2009 at 9:21 PM  

Right! Just came back from a lovely civilised but slightly Oyster Creek Chardonnay imbibed dinner with the daughter and had a massive rant about the knobs at work so, I'm on fire! . .Hot tip . .get a roster going. Give everyone a task according to their ability and a reward if they do their shit. Gold stars work for the under 5's . and chocolate or barbies or whatever the latest craze is. The promise of a Transformers II or Wolverine movie ticket for the 10-16's and good bloody luck with the over 18's! My son still refuses to put toilet roll holders in the recepticle near the loo and can't see dirt for the trees. But he's damn good at mowing and pool maintenance and he cooks. I have given up on his room and don't allow spreadage (unless it's mine!) The daughter (24) is ace for short term liquidity crises and a quick whip around with a vac. When all else fails, have a tanty and cry. . they'll go beserk. And while they're cleaning up around sobbing you . .eat chocolate and bugger the guilt! Good luck soldier!

Baino April 15, 2009 at 9:23 PM  

PS God it's nice to leave a comment on a fellow Aussie's blog and have them know what I'm rabbiting on about! As you were!

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP