Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Monday, April 13, 2009

Gratuitous Dog Shots, Dog haters come back tomorrow:)

Today dog train began for my newest addition Wu now 4 months old
From home to the reserve I said heel 100 hundred times to no avail and had to show her my assertive "I'm the boss, don't mess with me voice" It always shocks dog when they see you in training mode but I tell them the truth, learning to come and sit may save your life one day. (I had to delete a rant here about people who don't bother training their dogs or putting them on leads but I thought that's better suited to a ranting blog, not a PG family friendly blog:)



So we trained unsuccessfully, arm sore from pulling, neck sore from choking and once we got to the park, lead came off and I whipped my camera out.
With training over Wu became a fantastic photography assistant and never strayed too far.
She lay in the beautiful cool green grass with me as I stalked these birds whose names I don't know yet and together we had our bellies tickled by insects underneath us. No amount of tickling was going to make me lose my target.


So I amassed about 136 pictures in the reserve. Many were rubbish. Note to self - remember to check settings, macro is not good for range flight shots.

And with the clicking over Wu and I sat and pondered life and we both agreed life was good.
We had a cuddle and I packed up my camera and headed home where not a child is in sight because they are all on holiday somewhere.
Then to finish it all off, Wu grasped the idea of heel half way home and never looked back.
I just love me' dogs.
Apart from the hour I spent with just Mr nunde at the Pancake parlour, child free, this was the other best hour I had today. I just love best hours too.
Amateur nature pics are on my click that blog

7 comments:

PaisleyJade April 13, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

Wow - sounds like the best day! Ours hasn't got heel sorted yet either. We just discovered a dog park across the road, so are hanging out for her vacs to be complete so we can let her loose to run free there!

Lisa April 14, 2009 at 12:26 PM  

Wu is the cutest and a great photo model.

Anonymous,  April 14, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

Wu looks gorgeous. I think I'm in love. Elsie

Unknown April 15, 2009 at 8:02 AM  

Wu is GORGEOUS ! I have a 7 month old Springer Spaniel and 'Heel' just isn't in his vocabularly yet. Have you tried the 'About Turn' heel training? You need to be shown by a professional as it's a bit of a shock to the dog but it works. You position the dog at the heel, walk forward, as soon as the dog has it's head in front of you or pulls ahead (lead gets taught) you make a very swift 180 degrees. Repeat until the dog gives up and realises it's more comfy to walk at your heel.
I'm not sure at what age you can start this method though. It's in my training manuel for Grade 1 Gundog Training and thats from 6 months of age.
Take a peep at Archie on blog x

Baino April 15, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

Nice dog. Great ears! Ace name! Cuddle dogs, it stops you killing children.

Jenaveve April 16, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

Wu is just the cutest! And I just love those ears!!!

I'm with you on the rant about people not training their dogs, etc. It's so much easier walking with a trained dog than an erratic psychotic one.

Bimbimbie April 16, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

Look at her little ears too sweet ... just read what Baino said ;)

Those birds look like Corellas ... perhaps*?*

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP