Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Day!

I wasn't going to do anything halloweeny this year because 2 years in a row I carefully placed fake spider webs across my porch, laden it with spiders and lined my driveway hedges with bats and all such weird spooky things...and no one came.......

So up until yesterday I stuck to my guns.

Nope I am NOT doing Halloween.

And yet today I found myself drawing little faces on ghosty marshmallow and filling Halloween cups up with candy. I let Connor loose with the decorations and I even hung a few bats from the mop tops but THAT'S IT... Im not doing all the sawn off fingers, axes, blood n stuff and strange stuffed children with scary faces staring out from the back of my car. I will make this vow though. If at least one family that I am not related to knocks on my door and say trick or treat and is dressed appropriately it will restore my faith in my favourite(except for easter bunny) holiday event.
some one please knock on my door for some candy.

oh oh I have to run, I forgot to put the fake vomit on the doorstep....well if they want their candy they gotta work for it muwahahaha

5 comments:

Baino October 31, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

Sorry kiddo. Tres tres late this week but I have been reading your posts. That stripey jumper is great, I have another blogger who made a cushion cover and a pair of mittens from a reclaimed sweater, they worked out really well! I don't think we'll get trick or treaters either, too much space between the houses . . .just as well, all they'd score is a muesli bar!

One pair of Hands November 1, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

I wonder who is the biggest kid in your family, you or Connor? :-)

A'isha November 3, 2009 at 7:00 AM  

OHHHH i love Halloween too, i was so born in the wrong country..i wish it would catch on a bit faster here. i need to adopt a kid or something so i can get to do all the costumes and stuff, do you remember when i kids went out all together... lol.. it was the best, such an awesome memory.. those where the days.. sound like an old fart now.. lol
i just love those marsh mellow googlies....

Debra November 3, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

ha ha hilarious....i hoe you had lots of visitors...for me ....we are a Halloween free family...besides...our driveway is way too long to contemplate decorating letalone any person being energetic enough to trundle down it....:)

Melanie November 4, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

baino - not one miserable kid came to my door. booooo to them, literally

elsie- definately me. Connor grounds me and reminds me that i am the grown up all too often

Aisha - fun times wernt they mate? For sure.

Debra - my driveway can barely fit 2 cars so they dont have that excuse here. Maybe they are just super lazy around here lol.

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP