Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Trash talk- tober


Now this is my kind of recycled art.


Lamps made from unwanted car parts and other metal components.



My cousin Gary makes these.

Yes, making stuff out of rubbish runs in the family and these lamps are quite stylish as well as being very blokey.

Gary takes it one step further in his recycling efforts by locating items that large companies are going to fill up our landfill with even though the items may just have a printing error on the packaging. These companies will remain nameless but they would rather throw perfectly good items, and masses of them, into landfill, rather than give them away or bother to sell them as seconds.


So its a good thing we have people like Gary. I would like to nick name them The Rubbish Police but that doesn't sound very flattering does it? I would also like to see Gary wearing a Cape as he protects our planet from these polluting perpetrators. OK OK sorry Gary, I went off into cartoon super hero world then, as I am prone to do.


Looking forward to showing off his next work of art.


Cheers all


Melanie

2 comments:

A'isha October 15, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

These are awesome.... really great stuff, Gary needs to exhibit with some furniture designers, i saw an exhibition yesterday of furniture designers and his lamps would just have fitted in...
Thanks for sharing

Baino October 17, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

They're good. Stick them on your Etsy site. I bought Clare the most gorgeous dragonfly made out of old spark plugs from a stall at Mudgee Markets. It's so cute.

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP