Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

My creative space - day 22 of Blogtober fest

Today my work bench in my little pink, green, brown and orange space that we now refer as Lady Land thanks to a funny commercial on TV, is covered in a wedding dress. I was about to throw it away as it had no sentimental value and no end of coaxing would make my daughter want it because there was no sentimental attachment for her either to an event that took place in it a life time ago which is a bit sad but oh well. But then I remembered with much sentimental value the journey my mother and I had in the making of this dress. Her making, me whining and my best friend laughing because no one had EVER seen me in a dress before.
My mum made it in 9 weeks whilst working 2 jobs as a single mum and I remember every pin prick she delivered as she nipped and tucked. Where they on purpose? Who knows? I mean I was a little bugger of a kid so ....

So anyhow, I decided to hunt down the woman's weekly craft book that Elsie gave me because I fell in love with the picture below. I have rummaged and found my daughters first little flower girl dress, her lace from her first canopy princess bed ( I know, I went over board) and various lace and bits from through out my life that I have stashed



I am very excited about this. I have never done a quilt before.....Help!!!
To see what other arty crafty sorts have on the go, check out Kootoyoo's blog
I am off to finish building shelves in the walk in robe now ( man land) which is what started all of this finding hidden dresses in the first place.
Cheers all
Melanie

10 comments:

Leah October 22, 2009 at 4:38 PM  

Very cool idea, im sure you can pull it off. Much better than dresses collecting dust!

Ooty October 22, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

Woooooooooooow!! This should come out amazing looking!! I love that image as well but I have no sewing abilities =D - si I can;t wait to see it once it is ready!!! Enjoy!

yardage girl October 22, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

Great idea! Can't wait to see the finished product.

edward and lilly October 23, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

Such a brilliant idea! I'm so looking forward to seeing you go on this quilting journey, such fun!

Lady Land, hehe!!! I cracked up when I saw that ad!

kellie October 23, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

what a wonderful idea, it would be a beautiful quilt!

Michelle October 23, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

I think that's a fantastic idea! Can't wait to see how it comes along.

A'isha October 24, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

It will be absolutely fab mate, i have no doubt in your abilities cant wait to see it...

Tania October 24, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

Phew! Good luck lady - quilts still scare the bejesus out of me too! (but I love the wedding dress/flower girl/lace canopy quilty refashion notion)...

One pair of Hands October 26, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

Your quilt will be beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Have fun. Elsie

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP