Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

If not for our firies( volunteer fireman)

I would be still standing out the front, shoes on, ready to leave my house for dust

All I can say is that was too close and I wish every one else good luck tonight that needs it.
(Photos taken from my house.)

I am not ready to put the dog leashes, the cat carriers and the shoes all by the front door away yet.
Cheers all
Oh and to all of you fireman and woman from here and abroad THANK YOU!

10 comments:

Antebelle February 8, 2009 at 12:16 AM  

WOW Melanie,
Glad to hear everyone's alright! That was a close call!

Anonymous,  February 8, 2009 at 1:29 AM  

Oh my gosh Melanie, I hope you and your family are alright!

Lucy Bowler February 8, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

Glad to hear you're alright. Those flames looked too close for comfort. We have lots of smoke around us, but nothing else thankfully and I hope it stays that way. Bags are packed just in case...

Anonymous,  February 8, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

I'm with you. God bless our firies. I can't even begin to imagine how they can do the job they do and don't forget the word 'volunteer'. Most of them don't get paid. Elsie

Lavender February 8, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

Was suffering here yesterday in the heat, and knew it was worse elsewhere, but didnt know about the fires till this morning - Egads! So glad that all is well for you and yours, heres hoping it stays that way!

Cosy February 8, 2009 at 6:50 PM  

I'm so glad you're OK. The firies are a gift, aren't they!? I can't believe how within 24 hours such tragedy has unfolded.

Carolyn

xxx February 9, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

Best wishes & stay cool. I know we don't know each other, but you came to mind when I heard news of the fires.
Your blog is always a delight to visit & I'm pleased to read that you're all good.
Best wishes :-)

xxx February 9, 2009 at 11:22 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Baino February 11, 2009 at 7:29 AM  

Good grief. Too close indeed given the speed at which these things race. Hope you're still out of the woods. I heard that the fire approaching Healsville has been contained. And thank God for the firies, they're doing an amazing job in awful circumstances.

HeartfeltHandmade February 12, 2009 at 5:47 AM  

Oh my goodness, that was far too close for comfort. Wishing you all well. I have family in Victoria but not as close as you are. x

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP