Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bees are falling from the sky

I am extremely allergic to bees and stupidly went outside to inspect a situation that master nunde had informed me of. Bees were walking across the road according to him and he expressed his deep concern for me whilst warning "mum, you could die, don't go out there."

So I went out with socks on, camera in hand, convinced he was full of rubbish and couldn't see a bloody thing. Then my eyes adjusted to the fading light and I was surrounded by dozens of bees walking across the road............. CRIKEY... and here is me in my socks and no glasses on..... There is a gum that I suspect they might have been feeding from but a hive I would have sensed. How odd! Smoke inhalation perhaps? I will not be going outside with out shoes on for a while that is for sure. It is a disturbing sight none the less and I know the great importance of bees , however, if they come near me I will karate chop them in the face.

6 comments:

Baino February 16, 2009 at 6:20 AM  

Good grief. That's unusual? Must be the bushfires making them drowsy. Now didn't your mother tell you to put yer shoes on before you go outside?

Ooty February 16, 2009 at 6:58 AM  

they can bite even after they die!!?!? they are all over my yard we always make sure we got SHOES on!!
Take care

Leanne February 16, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

Now that is enough to send me into hyperventilation! I am petrified of bees and my reactions to being stung...not pleasant. So strange. I'm certain I read somewhere about bees actually disappearing and I have seen maybe two this year in our garden when it is normally literally abuzz...very odd.

Anonymous,  February 16, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

Honestly, Melanie. You're not safe to be let out alone. lol. Next time listen to your 7 year old. Just wondering, can you run a blog from an hospital bed. Elsie

Melanie February 16, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

Baino - It is beacuse my mum nagged me that I wont wear shoes so I can also blame this on my mother cant I?


Ooty - they werent dead, just mysteriously walking accross the road to my house

Leanne - My front garden is full of bee plants. Not one bee is visible since the fires where as a few weeks ago I had to make sure I parked away from Bee plants because there were heaps of them.

Elsie - I think my fingers will be too fat to type even if I ciould blog in hosptial. Not to mention the tiny slits for eyes I get. I look quite hilarious actually but I wont be doing demonstrations thats for sure.

melanie,  June 30, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

this is a test comment

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP