Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Friday, February 13, 2009

A disgruntled nunde. You may want to skip this post!

last night my husband and I watched the news with their "up to date" info and found they were a bit off according to Statewide Current Incident Summary

News really gives me the ^&%$'s. Can't they report without the theatrics and the stunning hair when they are out in the field and must they say" channel idiot were the first on site here at blah blah blah". Even with disasters it is all about ratings. Oh I know, I sound bitter. I hate the falseness of the media especially in a crisis and their choreographed melodramatic tones. And what about the cricketer when he patted the cricketing community on the back and said they would be proud just because the cricket team showed up for a while. BIG DEAL. The big ol' organisational pat on the back because we are seen to care BS. I was pleased with them to be honest until they started big noting their efforts.
Celebrities Bleh
News bleh
Good people just do good because they can and they do it quietly.
Good people like the ordinary folk that are rallying to make stuff, buy stuff, give their spare 5 bucks because that's genuinely all they have. Folks that cuddle the animals, clowns that crack up the kids, ladies that knit blankeys for the babies(how many are knitting away as we blog) and the man power given freely by a zillion volunteers from all over. All done quietly. Speaking of quietly, Ill go quietly now.

I promise, cross my heart, that my next post will be so cheery you will gag from the cheeriness.
Cheerio!
Melanie

8 comments:

Anonymous,  February 13, 2009 at 7:05 PM  

Hi Melanie - I know what you mean about the new broadcasts. Sometimes I find them totally depressing, and other times I get disgusted at the stupid questions some of them ask.

Recently I've been monitoring the time I spend listening to the news. Here in the States they make the economy sound so bad you would think no one stands a chance. I know it's all done for ratings, but lately they've been losing my vote.

xxx February 13, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

"I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts."
'Orson Wells'

:-) ribbon

Baino February 13, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

I know exactly what you mean and actually stopped watching the first 10 minutes of the 6pm news for that reason. I generally watch SBS anyway which is a little less sensational. Then again, if it was me - I wouldn't do their stupid "How do you feel about your house burning down" sensational interviews. Besides, I was too busy shopping at Coles.

Lisa February 14, 2009 at 1:00 AM  

Sounds like the USA media!! We haven't even heard that much about the fires over here....except on National Public Radio (and the blogging community)! That's where I hear the best world news, minus the celebrity mush!

Lavender February 14, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

I hear ya! I make it a point to hear as little news as possible - it makes my blood boil everytime!

Melanie February 14, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

Barbara - The US economy and everything bad there is finally taking a back seat here. Our news is very much global so we get bombarded with every bit of doom and gloom. Plus we worry about our relatives in the US because some of them are really doing it tough.

Ribbon - how so true lol

Baino - how cool was coles bargains yesterday? They had so many specials on and people were all chatty and buying up big.

Lisa - I have to agree. the garbage gets filtered and you are left with what is really happening in the blogging world.

Lavender - I actually never watch the news. its banned from my house because I am such an over emotional being. my husband describes me as "an angry lady trying to bite her own face off" when I am watching it. So I am going to go back to my own rules and not watch it anymore. Ill watch the fire watch and help through my community centre where the real info is.

Anonymous,  February 14, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

I too am exhausted with sorrow but have had my ear glued to ABC 774 as I have a daughter in one fire area and a son in another, both ready to leave at a moment's notice thankfully both safe so far. I hate the inane questions but they give the sufferers a chance to tell their story which is apparently helpful to them. And don't you feel good when friends fall into each others arms with joy at finding them alive? Elsie

Melanie February 14, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

Elsie - I think I should stop watching the channel 7 news then perhaps. I doubt the ABC would ever be like that.

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP