Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Vintage Key Tree


Work in progress

with 61 vintage keys, a dead snowball tree that didnt make it through the drought, a cracked vase and numerous rocks and shells handed to me by my children over the last 17 years, the Vintage key tree adorns a corner table casting shadows from candles lit below and moving mysteriously to some unseen breeze.


I cannot take a picture that isnt ruined by the flash and the sun refuses to shine and I cannot wait to repaint my walls white this summer.

As you will note, it isnt finished. Threads still dangle, the candles are long burnt out and its certainly not a picture worthy of note but thats OK because I know with you guys I dont need to put on a show when I do show and tell. Just wanted to share my tree with you:) I have seen a sequined butterfly wire thingy in the garden centre around here that I have to have to put on a branch.

The origin of the keys (in answer to your question Aisha)

I did not know their owner but they belonged to a man that horded things like myself and when he died his wife loaded everything from his shed up in the trailer and donated it to our woodworking club. I bought them for $5.00, a box of vintage locks with the working keys attached and an awl with a basic hand turned handle that he may very well have turned at the club. I sat and pondered that day at morning smoko about what happens with our collections when our kids or family see them all as junk and I was grateful that this lady thought to give it away to someone who would find it as treasure. One day my collections of tools, bits and bobs will end up in a trailer but that's OK, as long as they end up somewhere and not in landfill.

4 comments:

CurlyPops December 9, 2008 at 4:02 PM  

I love your tree...that's right up my alley. I have a vase full of branches too, and I covered them with wire and beads. I'm thinking of hanging some baubles on my branches rather than dragging out the christmas tree this year.
You may have just inspired me to start collecting old rusty keys!

Lavender December 9, 2008 at 6:18 PM  

Oh yes, Id like this one much better than the traditional green one....I bet Id have a good time investigating all the little treasures on it too.
Yeah, Bah Humbug!!!

Gretel December 10, 2008 at 2:54 AM  

ooh nice! It has a lovely, gothic atmosphere.

A'isha December 11, 2008 at 11:59 AM  

This is awesome i really love this key tree... how did you collect so many old keys, i collect keys and have about 3....lol.. you amaze me!

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP