Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Creative space



It's early and the sun is promising to shine down on us with avengance today so I used my front porch as a work bench to strip the lavender tips.

This is all the heads I managed to get out of one massive wheel barrow load harvested on Saturday. So with that in mind I am crossing "lavender farmer" off of my list of really super easy jobs to do.

Imagine how much lavender one must prune to get a truck load. Too hard for lil miss lazy bum , me!

Ckeck out Kootoyoo for crafty chicks who are playing a long

12 comments:

Kirsty November 19, 2009 at 10:51 AM  

At least you've given it a go. I often find things I think will be easy "2 minute" jobs take a lot more skill & time than I imagined.

You'll really value your sweet smelling creations now.

Kate November 19, 2009 at 10:56 AM  

I imagine the smell in your space is divine.

Gina November 19, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

Oh, I LOVE lavendar. Jealous that you can actually grow it. I've managed to kill it dead each time I've tried. Good work, Lavendar Farmer!

Lola Nova November 19, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

I love lavender, it's the Mr.s favorite as well. This fall I took out two ancient plants that were in the way of a new path. Next spring I will plant some new.

Tania November 19, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

Smelly work but someone's got to do it! Actually, it sounds right up my alley on a day like today as long as there's an icy drink involved...

june at noon November 19, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

Wow! I've an abundance of lavender in my garden but have yet to experiment with harvesting. Next season, maybe. Good luck!

Kylie November 19, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

They do look fabulous though, don't they? Lovely crop. Recreational / occasional lavender farmer does sound like more fun ;) K

Alexandra MacVean November 19, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

I can only imagine the beautiful scent from that! Ahhhhh!

Ooty November 19, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

GO GO GO =D I love lavender beautiful scent! 3 years ago I had it all over my yard in hope to make great things out of it.....to make long short - my dog killed it ALL!! =D

yardage girl November 19, 2009 at 9:43 PM  

Thanks for the tip - it's off my list now too! Lovely pics, though, and it must have smelt lovely!

Peta @ Pippiwillow November 19, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

Smells like a fab job to do on a day like today. Peta

Gwen Buchanan November 19, 2009 at 11:12 PM  

The fragrance must be heavenly!!! does it absorb into your skin so you can smell long hours later???

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP