My creative space is being over run with colours I hate. Gaudy reds, Tacky greens and more polyester than this greeny can stomach. But it is going to be Christmas dammit and I am going to get all festy no matter what. Chanting the mantra "I love Christmas, I love Christmas"
So, why the mess and vomitous display of cacky colours in my delightfully shabby chic shaded world? Well, I want to make Christmas totes for Christmas tote'n Christmas shoppers so they refrain from using plastic bags. I may dislike trad' greens and reds but no where near as much as I abhor PLASTIC.
So the mess explained is:
1. 40 meters of black denim binding ready to make handles for my Slim nunde totes that I sewed with the right side on the outside which was opposite to what I desired. Yeah, go on, work that out!!
2. A panel of Christmassy panels to plonk on totes. The Spotlight lady advised me to use a thing called visoflex? Thank you spotlight lady but I cant because it goes against nundes mission statement (natural fibres only unless refashioned etc)which does suck a little bit because it does give a nice result. (insert pouty face here)
3. Crochet bangle recipes from Spotlight. I don't want to crochet the stuff that goes on the wooden bangle, I want to try to make the bangles out of discarded wood. A project for next year. Pretty excited about that one! Makes up for the following.
4. Plastic moulds ( oh my, I bought plastic, I must go plant a tree and all that) I have an idea to make plaster of Paris decorations for kids to paint at the December market. What do you guys reckon of that idea?
5. Cheap ribbon. Metres of it, and polyester too, wasted because the pictures come off so after a days use of it as an embellishment it looks more like a Xmas smudge than Christmas stars.... Thank goodness I just use plain for Bunting. I must go plant another tree. So far I have broken the nunde commandments twice.
6. A Pile of "sewn the wrong way facing" bags waiting for handles. Its OK though, the wrong way is actually the right way....yes there I go all cryptic again.
7. Oh this one was clever. I needed new tape measures to glue to my bench for permanent reference and LOOK, they are free in Target in the men's shirt section for people buying shirts( or pretending too) I was actually buying my hb's shirts but I still felt sneaky. An I liked it!
OK that's it. Now I have to go sew, snip and sweat in my sewing room before it gets too hot.
For other creative spaces to gawk at go to kootoyoo and check out the massive list of people that play along
Cheers for now