Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Creative Space

My creative space is being over run with colours I hate. Gaudy reds, Tacky greens and more polyester than this greeny can stomach. But it is going to be Christmas dammit and I am going to get all festy no matter what. Chanting the mantra "I love Christmas, I love Christmas"

So, why the mess and vomitous display of cacky colours in my delightfully shabby chic shaded world? Well, I want to make Christmas totes for Christmas tote'n Christmas shoppers so they refrain from using plastic bags. I may dislike trad' greens and reds but no where near as much as I abhor PLASTIC.

So the mess explained is:
1. 40 meters of black denim binding ready to make handles for my Slim nunde totes that I sewed with the right side on the outside which was opposite to what I desired. Yeah, go on, work that out!!

2. A panel of Christmassy panels to plonk on totes. The Spotlight lady advised me to use a thing called visoflex? Thank you spotlight lady but I cant because it goes against nundes mission statement (natural fibres only unless refashioned etc)which does suck a little bit because it does give a nice result. (insert pouty face here)

3. Crochet bangle recipes from Spotlight. I don't want to crochet the stuff that goes on the wooden bangle, I want to try to make the bangles out of discarded wood. A project for next year. Pretty excited about that one! Makes up for the following.

4. Plastic moulds ( oh my, I bought plastic, I must go plant a tree and all that) I have an idea to make plaster of Paris decorations for kids to paint at the December market. What do you guys reckon of that idea?

5. Cheap ribbon. Metres of it, and polyester too, wasted because the pictures come off so after a days use of it as an embellishment it looks more like a Xmas smudge than Christmas stars.... Thank goodness I just use plain for Bunting. I must go plant another tree. So far I have broken the nunde commandments twice.

6. A Pile of "sewn the wrong way facing" bags waiting for handles. Its OK though, the wrong way is actually the right way....yes there I go all cryptic again.

7. Oh this one was clever. I needed new tape measures to glue to my bench for permanent reference and LOOK, they are free in Target in the men's shirt section for people buying shirts( or pretending too) I was actually buying my hb's shirts but I still felt sneaky. An I liked it!

OK that's it. Now I have to go sew, snip and sweat in my sewing room before it gets too hot.

For other creative spaces to gawk at go to kootoyoo and check out the massive list of people that play along

Cheers for now

Melanie

14 comments:

Anonymous,  November 12, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

you make me nod my head yes...the holiday colors are all part of it right?...but I agree with you!

One pair of Hands November 12, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

Sorry, there's no way you can get away from red & green for the festive season. Pastel colours just don't do it. Lots of glitter too. And everything has just gotta smell of lollies and cake cooking and nuts roasting and.......well you get the picture. Square your shoulders and be brave old thing. You can do it. lol.

One pair of Hands November 12, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

Oops, forgot to say I think the kids'll love the plaster decorations to paint. :)

Chasing Purple Dreams November 12, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

Yay, your space looks as busy and messy as mine! Glad to see I am not the only one.

Julian Davis November 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

Great piece of work my dear friend. No way you can get out from these color combination .

yardage girl November 12, 2009 at 8:44 PM  

Holy smokes - what a lot of things going on in your space - love it! Love your commandments too.

Ooty November 12, 2009 at 11:08 PM  

=D you made me laugh here about the colors! Oh well it is only one time a year (you can always move to Israel - you might get away from them =D) looks like you've been really busy!!!

tea with lucy November 13, 2009 at 12:07 AM  

Wow you have a lot going on!

I just made myself some christmas bunting. Couldn't stomach all the chrismasy fabris i have stashed, so opted for white linen instead. Bah humbug.

Unknown November 13, 2009 at 6:58 AM  

Wow with all that going on I don't imagine you have any other choice but to get in the spirit of things :)....Good Luck it sounds like you will have tons to show us soon :)

Gina November 13, 2009 at 8:17 AM  

My you are busy! It would kill me working with all the gaudy reds and greens, I HATE those colours together. But keep at it, sister.
Plaster thingies for kids to paint sounds like a perfect idea, do it! x Gina

(PS I like the other side of denim too...)

Michelle November 13, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

You're so productive! The tote bags for the Christmas markets are a great idea.

jennyanydots,  November 13, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

Would love to see some pics of your finished bags. Have only seen in progress photos to now.

Debra November 13, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

just think ...years from now the children will remember you ....and the fun...go for it i say....just close your eyes for a sec...it might seem better..have fun...its important..the memories will follow:)

Nikki November 15, 2009 at 11:12 PM  

It is a shame you can't use visoflex.. it is magic. I wonder if there is a natural fibre alternate?

I'm with you on the lack of Christmas love... for lots of reasons, not the least the excessive use of red and green.

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP