Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Buckeye recipe for Aussies

This is what they should look like

Picture courtesy of All Recipes
Buckeye Balls recipe translated for Aussies

INGREDIENTS
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup finely ground graham cracker crumbs (Arnotts Marie Biscuits)
1 cup confectioners' sugar (Icing Sugar)
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (Cole's choc melt buds worked the best)
2 tablespoons shortening(oil) (I never add it, too lazy)

DIRECTIONS
Combine peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs(Marie biscuits), and confectioners' sugar(Icing sugar) in a bowl or a food processor until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Roll teaspoonfuls of peanut butter mixture into balls. About the size of a Large marble Refrigerate until ready to dip in melted chocolate.
In Australia FREEZE THEM until ready to dip
Melt chocolate chips and shortening together in the top of a double boiler until very liquid. Using a tooth pick, dip each ball into chocolate leaving just the very top of the ball exposed. Set on a greased cookie sheet, setting each ball on the peanut butter end. Refrigerate(FREEZE) until the chocolate is firm. They only take about 5-10 mins to thaw here. I use the freezer because they tend to melt way too quick in our Summer which is when I make them.

2 comments:

CurlyPops November 29, 2008 at 10:24 PM  

Oh wow thanks for the recipe...they sound really easy to make. I might have to give that one a go!

Unknown November 30, 2008 at 9:08 AM  

Oiyy, they sound good, I am feeling ill in advance of eating too many - I have no restraint when it comes to peanut butter/chocolate combos.
Thanks for the visit, do take up crochet, it is tres tres easy! (But it's addictive too...)

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP