Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Monday, March 3, 2008

Doc Martins Unlove and sock love

Finished socks, just in time for boot wearin weather. Now I can start on my next pair.

About Doc Martins...... I have worn DM's since I cant remember when. Mum always brought some back from her trips to the UK when she visited the rellies and they lasted years and years. Up to 5, 6, 8 yrs and that was with everyday wear and lots of love because I love love love my DM's. Then I noticed that they started making them in China or Taiwan or some where(the country of origin has worn off) and these are now 2 yrs old with tears in the leather and the so called air step didnt have the bounce I knew and loved from previous DM's. The ones before that were from the UK but made elsewhere and they lasted the same. I am a total boot care nut too so its not from neglect, I mean I have been maintaining DMs for 20 plus years. So ! My love affair with Doc Martins is over unless some one can tell me where to get the real ridgey didge made in a country that CARES about QUALITY kind of Doc Martins. And I want the old Bounce back too. Any one else noticed the downgrading of quality of DM's? For $180 to $300 bucks a pair I expect more. As we all should. Why are we made to settle for crap quality yet pay the same price as when it was good quality?

I am going to try to find a good boot that is manufactured in the country that claims to own it. Its time I fell in love with a new boot. After all, the old one has betrayed me and I'm still young and have a lot of walking left in me. Nancy Sinatra's version of "these boots are made for walking, and that's just what they'll do, one of these day these boots are gonna walk all over you ... ... ... ... ... ... ... running through my head as I finish this post. Stomping off now. Blog ya later!


0 comments:

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP