Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday at the Homestead.

It was a glorious day for my ego. My Takeaway Cappuccino cup holder bags were received with great enthusiasm and excitement and 3 were sold on the spot yet I only had 2 on me so it is a good thing I have some I prepared earlier at home. The response was fantastic and a good lesson in "having faith in your own product"
Anyhow, enough gloating......
The Homestead is evolving and growing as fast as we can make a latte. I am excited to be able to tell everyone of our new Tuesday morning group that Pam is running and has appropriately named The Homestead P.I.P's after half a day of deliberating over a name.

Every Tuesday from 10am - 12pm The Homestead will be running a group for Projects in Progress in the room shown below for women to come a long with their current W I P S (works in progress). For a small donation of $2.00 interested people can come and chat and craft with other like minded folk. I am definitely signed up for it and will sneakily lure Pam into teaching me more complex embroidery techniques and that ribbony type embroidery(it has a fancy name, not yet stored in my limited vocabulary)

Of course she will have the table cleared and the fire lit by then. Yes! An open fire place!

And don't think you have to rush out when you are done. If you bring your lunch you can sit in the gorgeous grounds and picnic or treat yourself to a Latte at the Cafe.



I am very excited to be supporting my lovely friend Pam in this as we needed an outlet in our area that was closer for us Berwick/Narre people and of course EVERYONE from any where is welcome.
This is a community run group and the donation will go back into the running of community projects.
Well haven't I had an exciting day?
I hope your Friday was and will be just as fantastic.
Cheers all
Melanie

4 comments:

Baino May 30, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

Well done you! I haven't a crafty bone in my body. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to slip over there whilst in Melbourne but we'll make an effort next time.

Bimbimbie May 31, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

Sorry to read you have been under the weather, thank goodness your cat managed to hold the fort for you ;)

Wish I lived closer, that homestead looks like a great place to meet stitch and chat. My local community spot is in a demountable building ...definitely no fireplace and it's $6 *!*

Sunweeds June 2, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

Hi thanks for stopping by my blog, I used to live in Berwick, now central Victoria.
The homestead looks great, being in such an inspiring setting is sure to bring out the best craft in you all. wish I could be there, I miss my Berwick friends.
Stacey

Lisa June 8, 2009 at 4:52 AM  

What a fun thing to do and a gorgeous place to do it.
Lisa

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP