Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Trash Talk on Tissues


It is Tuesday again and on this particular Tuesday I am a walking ball of phlegm and I look like dead warmed up from feverish sleep. I sat at my desk and saw a pile of tissues which prompted me to practice what I preach and research what I am consuming.
I want to share this with you and even if it is Greenpeace bias, there is no other way to make tissues and using recycled paper tissues creates a need for new paper products to be produced in the first place.

Consume with a conscience

You Tube on tissues and deforestation here

I simply couldn't work out how to embed it today.

Questions to ponder
What do we use instead? Handkerchiefs? What impact does this have on the environment from its initial production to its rewashing to it's disposal.?

I don't have all the answers if any. I am merely prompting thoughts. Until further investigation my conscience can only deal with using handkerchief's for now.
Cheers
Melanie

4 comments:

Levin May 19, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

It can be so difficult to be green sometimes (to quote a famous frog). We try and use hankies where possible but sometimes, when your full of snot, there's just not enough hankies to go around.
Hope you feel better soon.
l
x

Melanie May 19, 2009 at 9:18 AM  

levin - i just couldnt go to work without letting you know you prompted the biggest snotty laugh from me. I think the frog speaks truth.

Anonymous,  May 19, 2009 at 5:31 PM  

As one who grew up pre tissues I can tell you that the only way to get truly grotty handkerchiefs clean is to boil them. Believe me you need an awful lot of man sized hankies for a really decent cold. Mum had a copper but I kept an old saucepan especially for the gruesome deed. I confess to tissues (which I compost after use)and also never leave a restaurant without taking my unused paper napkin with me. Why chuck em out when my nose can make good use of them. By the way, my maiden name was Green, I could tell Kermit a thing or two about the problems of being Green. Elsie.

Melanie May 19, 2009 at 9:30 PM  

Elsie - ohhh I just dont know if I could do the whole boiling thing. If I should go with man sized hankies I will be ever so thankful that I have a washing machine.

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP