Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Look who has been visiting the burbs

Terrible picture sorry

Twice now these guys have passed by my house, squawking and making themselves heard above the freeway noise behind. We are getting so many native birds visit recently. We didn't scare them away when the estate was built because it was farm land for long before I have been on the planet so its pretty terrific that the gums planted by folks from this estate have given them a place to park their feathery bums and squawk.

yellow tailed black cockatoo

I think I have found my secret skill too(because secretly I am always looking for one). Bird listening! Oh yes, I am serious. I have developed a keen ear for different parroty type noises of cockatoo type birds and it was that talent that made me rush for my camera. Laugh all you like. I know this skill will come in handy one day......
I really need to get better at taking bird pics on the run.
Cheers!

3 comments:

Lisa June 8, 2009 at 4:49 AM  

How cool to have one of those in your trees! Araina has the ear for bird songs too, she can identify A LOT of different birds by their various calls. It amazes me.

Lisa :)

Beth June 10, 2009 at 1:23 PM  

I've noticed we've been getting large flocks of these guys in our area too. I love their calls. It's very exciting!

Bimbimbie June 11, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

Lucky You*!* *!* *!*

I've only sighted the Blackies here once. They sound different to the Whities and that's what caught my attention on that particular day. It's amazing how quickly our ears register something that's not an everyday or regular to us, bird call*!*

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP