Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Monday, May 11, 2009

Cotton dish cloths Done Mothers day Done Monday, bring it on! My Groove is back!!!

Mission Accomplished
Mission : Hand made 100 percent cotton dish washing cloths that can be composted
Materials : 2 towels purchased at Spotlight @ $4.99 each Total $10.00
Procedure: Measure 9.5"x9.5"


Cut
Sew with totally awesome Over locker for the first time.
Result: 4 x hand towels to hang over my cupboard door from left overs
12 Dish washing cloths
Cost $10.00
Time 1 hour
Cost of sponges that they are replacing @ $1 a week worked out on an average per year
Total $52.00
Cost to my family saved = $42.00
Cost saved to environment - Priceless
Now to Mothers day
Yay!, I was given a spotlight voucher. So off I skipped, no not really because that would look stupid, to spotlight.
I came home with a new sugar bowel & jug
A ball of wool to finish my scarf



and this is what excited me most and I may have even skipped a little bit in my head.
A bag pattern close to one I am working only this will save me hours of trying to make a pattern from scratch.


Brilliant!
Highlights of my weekend
my dishcloths
reading the comment where Baino called me anally retentive(priceless and so true)
receiving a whole day of massages from Master nunde (8yrs) that were so delicate it gave me the creepy feeling that insects were crawling over my shoulders, bless him.
sitting on my bum doing nothing but self indulgent things all Sunday
Deciding that Master nunde(8yr old) was finally well enough to go back to school after having 4 days of last week off and driving me BONKERS.
Getting my Groove back!
Hope you had a great weekend!
And just in case my mum happens to read this
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MUM XOX

7 comments:

Lisa May 11, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

Great washcloths! Great job to you!!! Happy Belated Mother's day.

Melanie May 11, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

Thanks Lisa! Hope you had a wonderful day too. Ill be over to catch up on what you have been up to soon, so much cleaning to do!

PaisleyJade May 11, 2009 at 4:39 PM  

Great idea with the washcloths! Lovely mother's day pressies too.

Annie May 11, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

Love those wash cloths - the idea of composting caught my attention.

CurlyPops May 11, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

Love the washcloth idea although I don't think I could subject myself to another visit to Spotlight this week!

Melanie May 11, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

PaisleyJade Thank you:)

Annie- Its all part of my minimum impact vow I made to the planet a while back. Many of the fabrics we used are apparently suitable for the good ol compost bin according to the research I did.

CurlyPops - I dont blame you and you can get bargain towels to chop to pieces anywhere. I bet you could do something way fancier than mine too because you have the knack:)

Baino May 12, 2009 at 7:25 AM  

You are so resourceful! Ha all I need now is a sewing machine and an overlocker. I want one of those bags with the bottle carriers on the side! Six should just about do it for the average Baino picnic! Glad you had a good day! And I love Spotlight - Bunnings for girls!

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP