Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Monday, March 2, 2009

Tow Trucks and Push bikes

Waiting for the tow truck

The week unfolded as I expected. A second hand transmission will cost $3000.00
My car has only done 42000 Klms and there is a lesson in this. If I had have driven 150 000 klms with in the 5 yr warranty the transmission service at 90k would have shown a faulty transmission and I would have been covered under warranty.

KIA are cheap. Do your research before you buy one. I'm not going to sit and bag a car you might already own because that is mean but for people about to buy one, Google KIA known faults, problems etc, Google anything on KIA and you will see what I found out too late.

So until I come up with the money I have to think of other options. Walking? Well that's what got me into this mess in the first place. If I had have driven everywhere I would be getting a free tranny right now....
I could hitch a ride with Joyce. She drives an electric scooter as many 84 year olds do so I could park my arse on the back of it and we could mono all the way to Fountain Gate.
Or I have 3 dogs now so a sled is an option. If I hang a bag of chicken wing tips from a stick in front I know my dog Pig will be motivated enough to transport the weight of the entire family to the fish and chip shop and back..


Or... I could get off my big backside and do something about it instead of choosing the stress coma I have been in and self medicating myself with 5 kilos of cadbury Creme Brule.

The bike is where the car used to be. I had a practice run on it after I washed it and sprayed it with Raid then washed it again. I am a bit nervy because my feet don't touch the ground when I sit on the seat and I cant lower it any more.
So if you see me riding along on my pushbike honey....... don't honk or laugh or jeer at the little bit a lot overweight lady who looks like she is about to inhale a bike through her backside,because just remember....I can karate chop bees.

Catch ya later guys
Have a fab day and Ill be back soon with some real nunde stuff like actual nunde work or nunde creations ...

6 comments:

littlechrissy March 2, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

I feel your pain. My car is in the car hospital for a whole month. You've done well getting the bike out and cleaned up. I've gotten as far as looking at mine and then shutting the garage door on it. :-)

Anonymous,  March 2, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

Ouch! That really hurts doesn't it?
Now you know what you can do with all those hard rubbish bikes - build a doggy cart. Seriously, Melanie I do feel for you. Here's a big hug. Wish it could make it better. Elsie

Baino March 2, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

Hey fat-bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round you know! And you can buy Nesle Weight Watchers chocolate moussey thingies that are only 2 points! Guilt free comfort food therapy!

Ooty March 2, 2009 at 6:32 PM  

Oooooooooh I hate when that happens… I hope you are strongly hanging in there,
And when a lady finds her car away from her, she should not bother herself with weight issues!!! ( I made that up – but it only sounds so very fair to me =D )
Take care darling!!
X
Ooty

CurlyPops March 3, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

I'm chuckling at your great sense of humour. I'm definitely not chuckling about the $3000 repair bill for the car...eeeekkk.
I promise I won't honk or jeer if I drive past.

Gwen Buchanan March 8, 2009 at 2:21 AM  

I know what you feel like .. our clutch just went out of our Accord... $2300.00 Canadian, by the time it was dome.. but it was my husbands fault.. huge feet in huger boots.. got stuck and burned it out.. not a good experience.. I thought the car was going to blow up!!
Glad your environment will allow you to take a spin on your bike tho.. I would need a toboggan...

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP