Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Irish apple cake

Irish Apple Cake

A recipe sent to me from Elsie

I have copied the recipe and tips exactly as it was sent to me. Thanks Elsie!

IRISH APPLE CAKE.
Take three cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped into dice. (4 if they're small)
125 grams of butter or marg. also chopped into dice.
125 " sugar
225 " SR flour
1 egg, beaten.
About 250 mls of milk.Don't bother to rub in the butter, just mix the whole lot together with enough of the milk to make a sticky sort of dough and spread it into a cake tin about 28cms x 19cms and about 5cms deep. It'll be lumpy but that doesn't matter.
Sprinkle the top with sugar & cinnamon.
Bake at 180c for about 35 mins (maybe a little longer) until it's golden on top and springs back to the touch.
Test with a cake skewer if you like.A friend, to whom I gave the recipe, spreads the top with lemon icing.
I like it because I can chuck it together with my eyes shut in about 10 minutes and it always goes over well.
Great when unexpected visitors come and stay for tea.

Modified Version for the chubbies among us(thats me, definately not Elsie and her husband, not an ounce of fat on them, dont you just hate that some people can eat cake and never get fat.....)
Ingredients
3 - 4 apples peeled and cubed
60 grams butter cubed
60 grams sugar
1 egg
250 mls lite milk
Follow same directions as Elsie's above.

0 comments:

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP