Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Your Quit Date was: Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 11:00:00 PM

I used to be a smoker and towards the end I was a chain smoker. That's what made me give up. I couldn't take a breath without a fag being in my mouth( for US folks we call smokes fags so don't panic )

Anyhow the Aussie quit line was garbage so I joined the US one QUITNET and even to this day they send me this info on the anniversary of each month.

Your Quit Date is: Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 11:00:00 PM Time Smoke-Free: 974 days, 20 hours, 20 minutes and 35 seconds Cigarettes NOT smoked: 73114 Lifetime Saved: 18 months, 18 days, 12 hours Money Saved: $24,862.50 AUD

Look at how much money I saved. I do believe I started buying wool by the truckload when I quit and took up knitting.

That is when I returned to craft. I had free hands and the time to use them. I added up the hours I smoked and when I smoked I always sat and in total it was 5 hours a day when all smoking time was totalled. Its a filthy habit. Makes us do awful things just to get one when you have no change to buy them.

I was always a tinkerer but found because I had a smoke in my hand so often towards the end, I had stopped tinkering, because it interrupted my smoking. So with that admission of being a vile dirty cigarette worshipping nicotine lover, I would take it up again tomorrow if in some magical world it became good for you. I smoked for 24 years and I still cannot believe I stopped, just like that, cold turkey.

The best informational site that I used that didn't namby pamby smokers who were quitting was this one FREEDOM FROM TOBACCO. These guys were serious. No girly "there there" type thing if you didn't take your quit serious.

I am not being one of those born again smokers. I mean I do hate the smell of it but I really struggled to quit for the first year so I have every right to be self protective. I couldn't care less though if people smoke and if they can smoke and not feel bad about it I envy them that. I just couldn't breathe and I quite like breathing.

So, anyway, because I quit smoking I took up craft again and started woodworking.

Because I took up craft again I went into the craft shoppe and asked if I could volunteer there.

Because I volunteer there I got the feedback and encouragement I needed to further my creativity and was taught many new skills.I also joined a club and was taught so many new skills to use with wood.

Because of these new skills I decided to make a career out of all of what I had learnt.

Because I wanted to make a career out of it I researched online activities in the craft movement and finally was drawn into the world of blogging.
And here I am. All because I quit smoking. Wow!
Now for a picture, because everyone likes pictures. Hers one of my library books that is filling me with inspiration

Oops there it is again, Past midnight. I have had too many 2-3am nights this week so I am having the night off.

8 more sleeps till Jazzy gets home!

0 comments:

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP