Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Buckeye Recipe


INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 cups confectioners' sugar
( Icing sugar)
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
(I use Coles brand milk chocolate cooking buds mmmm)

DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, vanilla and confectioners' sugar. The dough will look dry. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
Press a toothpick into the top of each ball (to be used later as the handle for dipping) and chill in freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir frequently until smooth.
( I put in a little bit of oil)
Dip frozen peanut butter balls in chocolate holding onto the toothpick. Leave a small portion of peanut butter showing at the top to make them look like Buckeyes. Put back on the cookie sheet and refrigerate until serving.

Makes 30

Links to this recipe are on side bar and contain pictures.
A fun recipe for kids of all ages.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  January 9, 2008 at 9:30 AM  

Hi Melanie!
When I saw this " cutting crooked lines, sewing jagged seams, colouring outside the lines, wrecking what was working and tinkering with toys that go "bing" I knew I had found a soul-mate!!

Thanks for visiting me earlier--I'm off to add your link so I don't lose you.

xoxos
Miz Carla

Mumi January 10, 2008 at 10:17 AM  

mmm..yum.. not to good for the diet though...

send me an email if you would like the address of the place where I got my funky juice bags...

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP