Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Friday, August 28, 2009

My creative space

I would have posted yesterday but I was exhausted from walking everywhere. I clocked up 12 Klms just doing my normal Thursday errands on foot. That was on top of normal duties like walking kid to and from school(8.8klms). I may not be getting thinner but I am getting fitter. We won the first round with Midas and consumer affairs made them get our car back to us pronto for independent testing which proved without a doubt we were right, they owe us a new transmission. I hugged my car when I saw it and I am not lying. Enough of that though
I made this today and wanted to share it because for once in a long while I made something for FUN and for ME and this now sits in my creative space finished:)

I spotted these things on hairdressers hips and immediately wanted one for sewing. I made it with scraps from my odd sized fabric pile and an old handbag with perfect sized clips and rings. I knew I was hoarding it for a reason.


It hangs across my shoulder and sits on my right hip at perfect height to grab out my scissors. A bit like a scissor holster yes? So I can sling scissors now, Look out!!!


It works great. Maybe I should whip some up for my shop. Bah, there I go again, turning something fun into work!
check out the ever growing list at Kootoyoo's place of creative spaces. I'm about to grab a coffee to have a peek myself.
Cheers
Melanie
Scissor slinger extraordinaire!

10 comments:

midge August 28, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

that is such a great idea, I am always scounging around for scissors and other pieces of vital equipment. yee-hah

Lucy Bowler August 28, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

Go the holster! Very good and just perfect for anyone who tries offering you a Russian wife!!

Baino August 28, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Bags. I want bags. Should I be looking elsewhere? I do like the cupcake. We're tidying our shed tomorrow but somehow I don't think it's going to be all pretty pink and green.

ELK August 28, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

this is really a good idea ...bravo
redorgrayart

Nikki August 29, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

Hey, good for you for taking time to making something for you. And it's great. Although I am trying to picture when / why / how you might sling scissors..??? I'm thinking that Midas man is lucky for giving your car back. I hope all that car stuff gets sorted out for you.

Tammy August 29, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

Happy Scissor slinging! that looks great and is a great idea!

Aussie-waffler August 29, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

Ready.....draw. What a cute scissor holster,love it.

Kirsty August 29, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

That's ace. I'm enjoying the idea of you whipping out the scissors "wild west" style.

Unknown August 30, 2009 at 4:57 AM  

Yay for the win with the car struggle..I hate dealing with those types of issues...And loving the holster It would be a great addition to my stash of things for sure..

Anonymous,  August 30, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

What a good idea. I can never find my scissors, they're always under something or where I last used them. Glad you got Midas sorted out. Elsie

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP