Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

another day at nunde

and I am very happy with progress
38 bags sit neatly cut, awaiting construction.

Cutting fabric out is hard on the back. Does anyone else have this and if so, how do you fix it apart from giving up cutting fabric?


I am loving these. $2.00 each at the reject shop. Bargain! I always wanted those cotton reel racks you hang on the wall but I like this idea more now. I wish I got more.


And I am loving my old paint cards that border the window and cover the jagged plaster that I butchered. Must get some more .......


And finally my ironing board got a face lift with some scrap fabric.
Haven't I been busy this week???
Plus I have had to walk everywhere still because Mr Midas Narre Warren wont honor his Midas guarantee/warranty and wont get our car back from where they sent it. Nearly 3 weeks!!!!! Storms!! I have to walk my child to school in high winds, pelting rain and yesterday the wind brought down a fence that belongs to a big dog along the track we walk. We are a little bit...alot scared to see if the owners fixed it. We are arming ourselves with big sticks and a few of our own dogs today. I normally only take one at a time. I know, its crazy, but I am petrified of dogs even though I have 3 of my own. Yesterday was so scary walking home in the wind knowing a storm was on its way and a few times I broke into a trot when the wind whipped through the big trees making them look like big bendy sticks. It was exhilarating! Me breaking into a trot, hilarious!! Poor Connor was terrified, mainly because he and his school friends had turned the news of the coming storm into a full on cyclone warning with mass distruction world wide being imminant.
Gotta love 8 yr old reality. Its far more exciting than ours. Hope all of my fellow Victorians didnt suffer any damage from the storm. Stay warm.
Have a fab hump day ladies, where ever you are.
Cheers
Melanie

6 comments:

CurlyPops August 26, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

I do all my cutting on a bench that is about the same height as a standard kitchen bench. It's much easier on the back that bending over a table.

Tammy August 26, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

Oh I love what you did with the reels in the boxes, I would never have thought to mount the boxes on the wall like that ... Great work!

Anonymous,  August 26, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

You're just too nice Mrs. Nunde. Get really mean with Midas. Threaten them with Ombudsman, TV Current Affair shows, Radio talk back, If they owe you, they gotta pay. Elsie
PS Love your studio.

Melanie August 27, 2009 at 7:05 AM  

curlypops- I think you are on to something there. I might give it a go.

Tammy - I originally bought these for my husband to put his miniatures in but he was too slow to use them. The best thing is that behind glass, they all stay dust free.


Elsie - I actually let Mr nunde get mean this time and he went to consumer affairs who just yesterday demanded they bring our car to our mechanic of choice for independant testing.

Lavender August 27, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

Hi Mel! Sorry about the car troubles and the rotten spell of wintery-ness, spring is not too far off, that will make a big improvement.
Say, I gave up and got Firefox 3.5 and it seems to not have the problem with viewing your blog that IE8 had...hooray! Keep up the good work!

Ooty August 28, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

I love what you did with your reel hanging - it looks lovely!!!

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP