Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The end of the financial year...... Reflections!



I normally talk about trash on Tuesdays and today is no different, however, today's topic is more about personal trash.

At the beginning of 2009 I made many proclamations involving massive changes to my personal/financial/emotional life that would benefit myself, my family, the dogs, the world and the universe, in that order. Some of the above has stayed the same, some have gone backwards and one in particular has surged forward.

Some may say that I had a bit of a failed start but I say I had a false start and now I am about to get seriously serious. Yeah, that's right, I'm serious!


With that said, I am not devastated that things are not better yet, I am not reflecting with great regret at the last 6 months and I am not berating myself(much) for having been unsuccessful. All of which I would have done repeatedly on a daily basis as part of my mantra just over a year ago.

So have I been unsuccessful? Indeed not.
How I am dealing with all of the above is evidence. Stuff happens in your personal and business life and we meander.
So what has this got to do with my normal trash talk that normally involves up cycling/recycling/reusing?
It has everything to do with the above!
Alot of the stuff we fill our heads with is rubbish and it creates even more obstacles in our path to success in our personal and business life and at the same time we fail to recognize or lack the confidence to see that a lot of the stuff in our heads is quite fantastic and needs to be tended to whilst weeding out the rubbish. Not everything is garbage! Here is how I am going to deal with mine.
I am going to up cycle some of my plans because they were good and still usable but need to be polished and perhaps added to.

I am going to recycle the plans that are rubbish and unusable and turn them into new plans or trash them all together.

Some plans need to be dumped into your mental landfill and left there then forgotten.




And lastly, I will re use plans that were good to start with and still are good.
Happy EOFY (end of financial year)

3 comments:

Lavender June 16, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

Good work Melanie! And there is still plenty of year left for even more progress, go get 'em tiger!

A'isha June 17, 2009 at 12:51 AM  

Can't believe its the end of the financial year already. Wow, great reminder for all those plans too, i think its a better time to do reflections than at the beginning of the year, Thanks matey

Melanie June 17, 2009 at 8:06 AM  

Lavender - Here's hoping!

A'isha - It comes around too quick. How will you do your tax in Morocco?

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP