Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Another collection is born

It started with plates that were left here when mum would bring food over. Apparently they are my stepfathers and it seems like mum didn't like them because I seem to have the whole set now after 15 years of her bringing food over




Then I expressed my love for all things pyrex-y, especially mixing bowls, to Pam one day and the following week she presented me with 2 mixing bowl in pristine condition that match my step fathers set.

And then yesterday the posty brought me these, because they were on eBay and I just had to have them

So now, without any intentions to do so, I have started a matching collection of 1970 Corelle Butterfly Gold Pyrex kitchen wares.
And yet another obsession begins. At least I use these almost every day though. That justifies it right?
Cheers and ave a great Wednesday!
Melanie

6 comments:

Robin June 18, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

I have those bowls too! My mother gave them to me, and I think they were my grandmothers? I know my mum has a set too. I use them every time I cook/bake and I love, love! that there is four to the set in all different sizes! It's nice to see that somebody else likes the 70s bowls too!

Bimbimbie June 18, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

Years ago when I started bottom drawing ;) for my first household bits and pieces pyrex bowls where one of the first items added to my drawer*!*

Lavender June 19, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

Teeheehee funny how that happened! Still, I remember corelle coming out and my mother putting together a set (white with blue print)- which we bought from a HARDWARE STORE LOL But the stuff was supposed to be indestructable, and it darned near is, isnt it?
A vintage set could be worth a fair penny one day...maybe I should start collecting it too LOL

Levin June 22, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

i love your pyrex bowl and i don't think you can ever have too many collections. my husband, however, would beg to differ.....lol
l
x

A'isha June 23, 2009 at 6:26 PM  

ohh Mel, collections are always cool, when im out op shopping ill keep an eye out for you.

Leonie Guld June 24, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

Pyrex, the new black!! Fantastic.

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP