Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Friday, September 18, 2009

This week

I found out where my daughter got this mug from

so for all of you lovelies that asked it was Target.

.......................

I stumbled on a dragonfly in my garden


I planted some natives that made me go oooooooooh. Alot of natives make me go "Blerk" so this was a nice surprise.
Speaking of natives, well locals, Mr Midas finally called us to say our car might be ready on Monday. We have been car-less for over a month and would have remained so if consumer affairs didn't get involved. I have enjoyed being driven around by my Dad though. He is 77 and the last time he drove me around when I was an angsty teenager and we both hated one another....
I was also privileged enough to get a lift in Elsie's little Torana the other day and it took me back about 20 odd years. I love the sound and smell of old Holden's, and yes, they do have a sound and smell. Elsie loves her little car to bits and one day she might show everyone on her blog. Hint Hint
........



today I was also greeted by a mass of Echium that just started to flower at The homestead. It was a stunning welcome back.
I also struck a deal with the Horticulturalist that we have on site and she is going to harvest the masses of Lavender plant heads for me if I provide a bag to put them in. If there was no one around I would have done a little victory jig, however it was a bit busy so I did it in my head instead.



And to top it off I received a comment from Tea with Lucy to let me know that I had won her awesome giveaway. Brilliant!!!!!!!!
Now I am about to make a yummy Twinnings Chai black tea and go to one of my sheds and ponder a very arty idea I have that requires a large easel my mum bought me, some engraving tips for my dremel that I imported from the US, a timber cupboard door donated by the woodies(1 of about 40) and some gesso. As a grown up I am always too scared to get in touch with my "artistic" side because , well , I don't really have one but it doesn't make me any less passionate when I get an image in my head of what I want to do. That and I fear people seeing my work - like my daughter did one day to which she responded, "what the hell is that" CRUSHED I will persist though because seriously, the girl painted her room a blue that makes your retinas bleed so she aint no artist either. Love you Jazzy

I hope your weekend is a fabulous one.
Cheers
Melanie
xox

6 comments:

CurlyPops September 18, 2009 at 10:41 PM  

I would have danced a jig about that lavender too. How lovely! Now, what are you going to do with it all?

Baino September 19, 2009 at 7:06 AM  

Great I wonder if Target up here have them. Great stocking stuffer for the coffee lovers. Thanks for the hot tip. Spring's here alright. My lavender's gone ballistic and the bees love it. And that's bullshit about you not having an artistic side. Even your 'shed' is a work of art. Good luck with the erm . .easel, door, engravey thing. Show us the end result will you?

One pair of Hands September 19, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

Don't ya just love teenagers. Whatever happened to those heady days when they thought you were
god and could do anything. I'm with Baino re your artistic side. I love to see what your getting up to in your creative space.

Tammy September 19, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

Hi Melanie, Oh lucky you getting all that lavender! I hope your finger is healing Ok sorry to hear you threw away your hand modelling career chances ... LOL

Debra September 20, 2009 at 6:35 AM  

I am jealous...i looooove Echium...its one of my faves...we moved into our property a little over a year ago and i promised myself to replace the one i left behind (which i may run around later and take a piccy to show you..) but as we have had soooo much work to do, mainly pulling, cutting down etc..it was such an overgrown garden with lots of gorgeous treasures hiding/suffering. We are almost there. I should really be documenting it somehow as there are many changes ahead with the building of 6 cottages. LOL about the teenager's comment...of course she loved it..they are supposed to react like that. Pay no attention and see it as a comment! Happy Sunday :)

Debra September 20, 2009 at 6:36 AM  

oh..i meant compliment..:)

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP