Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Freedom

We take it for granted don't we?

I received a call from the area manager who spoke to us like we wanted his kidney when we first expected them to honor their warranty and he was so pleasant, bordering on sickly when he said " We have one fixed Kia Carnival here ready for you to pick up"

As if all the financial, work related, physical, isolation etc etc was merely forgotten because our only car was finally back after battling since MARCH 1 2009

Car-less for 7 of those weeks. Unable to drive far for the rest of the time and constant back and forthing with one of the rudest men on earth.

I need to tell you 2 things that we learned girls. We found out that even though the car was 5 months out of warranty if it is a major component like an engine or transmission that is factory faulty then the manufacturer is still responsible because those parts have not lived up to normal expectation. So
BEFORE an independent mechanic touches your car, call consumer affairs first to see if this applies to you.

Secondly, If people do not honor their warranties, call consumer affairs. It costs you nothing and they will help you.

Anyway
I'm not here
I am out driving!
zoom zoom
and dont forget
do your research then
Stand up for yourself girls

3 comments:

Ooty September 23, 2009 at 12:41 AM  

what a great great news!!!!!
And so good for you that you didn't give up!
x
Ooty

One pair of Hands September 23, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

I've just counted up on my fingers - that's six months!! So glad you won but it rather makes me a little wary of KIA. Certainly not a good advert for them or Midas. Anyway, Happy Motoring - take care. xxx

Baino September 23, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

Good for you . .I hate how car companies abrogate their responsibilities. Years ago, Toyota tried to tell me that I was in breach of warranty if I had my car serviced by my local and trusted mechanic. It had to go back to the dealer who charged an arm and a leg. I called Consumer Affairs and they assured me this was not the case. Glad you're back on wheels but the bike's better for the enviro? You'd be proud of me. . .I'm car pooling!

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP