Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Teaching an old dog new tricks

Learning how to change a clutch on a an old grey Massey was easier than learning to do a granny square and unfortunately there were no desperate farm apprentices nearby willing to do the hard bits for me but here it is! My first Granny square.


See! I can do girl stuff:) Thanks Phyllis for your immense patience

What am I doing today in my new sewing room?
Cutting and altering bag patterns for a new grocery tote I am working on. It pretty much looks like any other tote really, just a nick here, a tuck there to make it easier to sew in bulk.

3 more days to list your .99 cent ebay stuff for free! get on it girls!

9 comments:

Leonie Guld July 29, 2009 at 4:38 PM  

Congratulations. I am yet to pick up that crochet hook, It just seems so foreign. Your square looks Brilliant

Leonie Guld July 29, 2009 at 4:38 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Baino July 29, 2009 at 7:45 PM  

What? 99c ebay stuff? Did I miss something? Granny squares is just about all I can crochet frankly.

xxx August 1, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

well done with the granny square.

I'm going to give it a go sometime.
"Meet me at Mikes" had a good instruction post going for a while there.

Anonymous,  August 2, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

Just had a look at your sewing room. I am seriously impressed. All this and now crochet as well. Woman power, there is nothing like it is there? Elsie (in awe)

Anonymous,  August 2, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

PS. What a great "Show & Tell" your room would make at Woodies. Elsie

Anonymous,  August 2, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

PPS. Rick says, "Why can't you build a shed like Melanie," My answer? "Why? When I've got you to do it." Ha Ha. I know, I know. Not the right answer at all. (Hanging head in shame.) Elsie

Melanie August 3, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

Leonie Guld - I agree with it looking foreign. I am still yet to grasp it fully

Baino - Oh so you CAN do craft and whats more is that you can do a craft I cant lol.

Ribbon - I was so challenged that I couldnt even read easy tutorials. Thank goodness my boss took pity on me and taught me.

Elsie - Whilst I am beaming with pride at my shed, I am also relieved that none of the woodies will see it up close to see the many flaws. Especially in how I nailed the rafter thingies....good grief what a mess I made there. I must thank John once again for bringing us all of those unwanted wooden doors. I have done so many things with them and have an abundance of ideas for the 40 odd remaining ones. I just love Up-Cycling.

Leanne August 11, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

Yay for you...gotta love a granny square!

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP