Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Thursday, July 2, 2009

IE8 broke my blog brb when I have sorted it.

Update, my blog appears to work fine in Firefox. Anyone else having problems after installing IE8?

update 2
it is definitely my blogger template,ie8 which installed AGAINST my wishes also,.... and some flash issues which i was in the process of fixing and then............my GPUs CPU and power fan all over heated and i tried to fix that and fried my mother board. /sigh.
husband has stepped in because my tech days are clearly over and if my prognosis is wrong he will fix it. If i am right, hopefully I will get some tax back.....a lot of tax back, and i will get a new mother board.

(insert grown women crying out loud noises here)

Oh and...................... I rushed my dog blacky to the vet today because I was sure he had cancer and was going to die but all he has is a bad back. lol seriously! He is on anti inflammatory (sp) Some one make me a drama queen tiara please. I totally earned it today.
Bear with me whilst I relearn my laptop keys etc. Thanks heaps girls for the feed back you gave me, it helped me eliminate the problems before I killed my comp completely (here comes loud crying noise again)....wheres my bloody drama queen tiara, Im earnin it here!!

8 comments:

Lavender July 2, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

Yes! Ive been having trouble with several blogs since getting IE8...which I got without a choice in a 'critical update' #@$#@%$#^'s!!!!
Anyhow, things had been going well again, untill your last blog post - it loaded up your whole page, then told me it couldnt open your page, and closed that window!
I wish I knew what to tell you as far as what you may need to do about it, I suspect one of your add on widgetey thingos is not compatible with IE8,
Anyhow, glad it let me through today so I could tell you, I was most miffed when I couldnt comment last time (and a few other times)....OK, Id better stop rambling, Im not supposed to be home on the net LOL
Good luck Mel!!!!

Baino July 2, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

Mel I know loads of bloggers that are having big problems at the moment. I switched to a Mac a couple of weeks ago and it just doesn't work with blogs using Safari or IE. Firefox seems to be the answer. I've had the same problems with Comments as Lavender so yep, Firefox it baby!

Levin July 3, 2009 at 9:06 AM  

i'm a firefox user, through and through and i'm reading you loud and clear. hope all is fixed soon :)
l
x

Anonymous,  July 3, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

I use Firefox too. No trouble getting your blog. Elsie

xxx July 3, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

Hi Melanie... I too have been having trouble since getting IE 8, which also came my way without a choice.
I often can't comment on other peoples blogs, including yours and sometimes they don't stay open long enough for me to read a post.

I'm going to investigate firefox.

best wishes
Ribbon

Bimbimbie July 7, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

I'm a Mac user and never have problems with Firefox or Safari.

Phew relief for you and your pooch ...
years ago with another dog we had, we got home to see a large lump had appeared on his snout and he kept pawing at it ... we rushed him to the vets thinking drastic thoughts only to be told he had been bitten by some sort of insect and we were given anti inflams too lol *!*

A'isha July 8, 2009 at 12:22 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
A'isha July 8, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

damn dont ya hate it.. eek hope it worked itself out quick. Afraid i have no advice, i too use firefox and cant get on to your blog alot but thats coz they dont fix google in Morocco, i wonder why, lol.

Hope pooches is feeling better asap.

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP