Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Doing Lunch at Diggers,Socks and Drama



One thing I love about being a stay at home working mum is that I can do lunch and doing lunch can take an entire day. Mum shouted me to lunch at one of our favorite places. Diggers in Dromana. The homestead is gorgeous but the gardens are more spectacular, especially in Spring. It is truly a treasure and only a 30 minute drive away for me.


The view is to die for.

Here's another treasure, me mum.

This light looked like rusted metal with intricate patterns punched out of it. I was told it was actually made of paper. The bottom square color is rust color also but my flash must have altered it. I want that light, and a room big enough to hang it in!

And here's some more socks. I call this my basket of therapy. With a son on the verge of dropping out of his final year, and a daughter on the verge of being expelled, I need more baskets and a lot more knitting. One thing I have learned from all of this. Never ever say "oh my kids will never be like that" because they just damn well might and your left with egg on your face.

So with mental exhaustion from parenting drama and dysfunction in the home to match any series of Jerry Springer, I plod on with my business, getting nowhere fast, and daydreaming more and more about running away to Tuscany with my husband. Dear M, my husband and partner in crap parenting(according to our teenagers) sat down one night, exhausted , opened up the cheap flight centre website and asked me where I want to go. I said the US again. He said no way, he lived there and wants somewhere new, so how about Europe. I said no way, I have been to UK and want some where new so we punched in for a flight immediately to Tuscany. Fortunately for the kids you cannot book a flight for THAT day. You have to book it 3 days in advance so our escape was thwarted. Alas the children are stuck with the worlds worst parents for a while longer.
Here's a list of why we are crap parents
We don't let our kids drink alcohol and hang around with kids whose parents give alcohol to 15 year olds when they are at their house.
We don't allow swear/cuss words, especially to teachers.
We expect our 15 yr old daughter to be home by 7.30 during the week and wandering the streets is banned
We don't allow our 15 year old to smoke like her friends mums allow her friends to smoke
We will not tolerate bad and aggressive behaviour towards younger siblings and/or our belongings, resulting in damage.
oh where do I stop with the list. Horrible, horrible nasty parents we are.
So there you go
I am, without a doubt a HORRIBLE parent and clearly I need to adjust my ways of thinking and follow the way of so many parents now that let their kids drink, smoke and wander the streets.
When I am successful,(to me that means consistently working and earning money on my own) I want to look back on all this and laugh. Right now. I want to run away to Tuscany:) lol a girl can dream cant she?

For all of you other parents like myself that believe in taking parenting serious, STAND FIRM, it appears we are now a dying breed.

0 comments:

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP