Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Rice Cooker Lemon Curds mmm Lemony Goodness

RICE COOKER LEMON CURD (LEMON BUTTER)

I am making stove top pot pourri and needed to use up the lemons I have picked from my step-mums tree.
I love rice cookers. They’re quick, safe, easy and so very versatile. Today I tried an old recipe in it with great success to use up the lemons. I know there is a rice cooker loving movement out there so I feel I must share it. The brilliant thing about the rice cooker is I just left it and stirred it every once in a while. I watched 2 TV shows and cooked a chicken pot pie while it was cooking so unlike the old fashion way with a bowl in water in a saucepan, stir stir stir, you can totally forget it, as I do, literally.

Lemon Curd (aka Lemon Butter)

4 biggish lemons
175g butter
2 cups of sugar
4 large eggs
Melt butter on “warm” setting in your rice cooker
Finely grate the rind of the lemons
Squeeze the juice into a container
Stir sugar into melted butter until it is a smooth consistency. (This is the most stirring you will have to do)
Beat the 4 eggs.
Pour the juice into the eggs and add the rind, stir a little (don’t wear yourself out)
Pour eggs mix into butter.
Stir occasionally until mixture is smooth and creamy.
If it looks like it needs a bit more heat to kick start it at any time switch it on the COOK setting but never leave it or stop stirring it at this temp. Do not let the mixture boil at any stage.
Process takes approx 40 minutes.

Makes 1kg
Let it cool
Can be used as filling for tarts or poured into sterilized jars
Refrigerate and use within one month

Tip! Microwave sterilisation for Jars
Half fill jar with water and heat until it boils (approximately 2 mins) varies with each microwave

0 comments:

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP