Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Avoision

Yes I love that word. I always thought I made it up but then I heard some one else think they were clever for making it up so there ya go. Regardless, its an awesome word and its what I do with such precision. I suffer from avoision and have been avoiding things for years but funny how some things you cant avoid.

Yesterday was one of those days.

As stated previously I hate crocheting.


  Unfortunately someone hadnt heard my proclamation of loathing towards the craft and did the sweetest thing for me and now I am bound by the code of crafters to at least keep trying.

Yesterday I was pleasantly surpised to have this placed in front of me with a "There you go" or something similar.

Now people have expectations and there were witnesses. I even had one lass trying to help me hold the wool how she does to perhaps make it be more comfortable on my fingers so that I may love it more....
Helen even brought in a How To book with easy to read instructions for complete nutcases that cant read instructions and guess what, I understood them!!!
Ho hum
Crafter's are like drug pushers. They're always on the lookout for someone they can push their crafting drug of addiction onto. Well FINE...
Ill keep going with it. Not like I can avoid it now.
P.S I love that my friends care enough to want me to love something they love.
Cheers
Melanie

3 comments:

A'isha September 1, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

I have that " Avoision" to my day job...lol... have fun mate wish i was there

One pair of Hands September 1, 2010 at 2:20 PM  

Oh poor Melanie. Just when you thought you'd got away with it. Never mind, you might get to like crochet. Tatting is my avoision - I hope nobody ever tries to help me like it. Shudder.

PaisleyJade September 13, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

haha - you are cracking me up!

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP