Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Creative Space

This is all I have in my creative space.
I wanted to learn to crochet forever. I looked on with envy as others compared and shared their skills and felt that somehow the skill of crocheting was missing from my crafting resume.
Well, after many attempts, followed by epic fails, I have mastered the granny square and I am making one giant one for my son for Christmas. Full of mistakes it is. Wonky on all sides and not at all what I envisioned. But I will finish it and Oh how he better love it because I have discovered something.


I hate Crocheting. 
Hats off to those who love it. I am happy as ever to continue on my old way and buy crochet items from you so its a win for all of us:)
This post is one of many involved in Thursday's "My Creative Space"

9 comments:

74 Lime Lane August 19, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

Good on you for trying and persevering! I am sure there will be a sense of immense satisfaction when you have a completed project.

michelleK August 19, 2010 at 4:20 PM  

Hahah!. I just learnt how to crochet after years of wanting to. I won't say I hate it because there are times on a cold evening I like to sit in front of the heater with some wool in my hands. But seriously I need to be right in the mood. Good on you for giving it a go :D . You don't know until you try.

<3 Michelle

blandina August 19, 2010 at 4:27 PM  

Crocheting is not my thing either, but it is nice to now 'how to' just in case.
I like your blog and will soon start with a Christmas bunting, thanks for the template.
Blandina

Beck August 19, 2010 at 4:56 PM  

I like your honesty! Crochet is not for everyone I guess. I find I can take it or leave it, I like it's portability but I lose interest quickly. Well done for having a go though, and hey, I like wonkiness! xo

Ooty August 19, 2010 at 7:01 PM  

=D oh you made me laugh now!! Well I adore your patience if you don't like it - it is a hard task to complete =D

Alexandra MacVean August 20, 2010 at 12:39 PM  

Kudos to you for even trying. I couldn't do it. I know that for a fact! :)

Miss Muggins August 20, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

well look at all the crochet haters coming out of the craft closet! LOL! Do what I love I always say!

Miss Muggins August 20, 2010 at 3:52 PM  

whoops, that was meant to read "do what YOU love, I always say"!

One pair of Hands August 20, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

Good for you Melanie, so crochet is not your cup of tea, now you know and can forget about it. I enjoy it but someone said it uses up 20% more yarn.
Funny, wonky must be a special word for crochet, I remember my Nana using it on my first effort a long time ago.

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP