Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Monday, February 15, 2010

Food and Froof


We had a birthday. 
This prompted Miss nunde to whip up a vanilla choc Oreo cake. 
After devouring a slice that consisted of 30 pounds of butter, a vat of sugar and a couple of Oreos,
we all agreed it was a little bit rich for us but not too rich to stop us having seconds.
  So apon feeling my arteries harden I decided to try to get a little bit healthy. I wanted to do this 4 years ago but I was too busy eating yummy artery hardening food so I didnt have time.
I pondered all the things I have done before that have helped me with lifestyle changes. 
There was only one answer.
Extreme angry knitting
It worked when I gave up being a chain smoker 57 months ago, I knitted a massive green blanket to stave off  urges to smoke.  I thought I would tap into those tools and knit like a needle wielding manic.
So out came the biggest bloody pink blanket in the world today. 
Tomorrow the angry knitting begins.
Yet another blanket is knitted as a bad habit is kicked.
I will miss you Cake and Cookies but my arteries wont:)


9 comments:

Little Eve February 15, 2010 at 11:27 PM  

I'm the same! you know you shouldn't but you do and sometimes you wish you hadn't! Keeping busy is definitely the cure. Well done for kicking the smoking habit :)

Ink Obsession Designs February 16, 2010 at 1:08 AM  

That cake does look super good though!

Levin February 16, 2010 at 8:07 AM  

ha ha ha - i can relate. when i gave ups smoking (still miss it after 8 years) i took up playing board games with my husband - we were fanatical about them.
i need to give up the bad food too - my body is so unforgiving now that it's 40......arghhh if only cake was good for you and veggies weren't!
l
x

One pair of Hands February 16, 2010 at 12:25 PM  

Oh I do sympathize. I loooove cream-cakes. Just fill your mind with a picture of the exploding man of Monty Python fame. Yuk. (and keep your daughter out of the kitchen)
Good luck.

Baino February 16, 2010 at 7:48 PM  

Well thanks for the inspiration. I've cut the nurrells down to about 6 a day but . . knitting? Then winter's coming and . . alrighty then post your bloody pattern! But I'm not going the cake I have enough vices.

Melanie February 16, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

Little Eve - Thanks, Now if only I could kick the bad food habit

Ink Obsession - Oh it was super good.

Levin - ahhh yes, it is that magic number 40. life begins at 40 but your body starts to hold you back if you are not careful. Its so unfair

Elsie - Monty Python is always a brilliant distraction.

Baino - lol Baino darling I think knitting would clash with your other habits. You need a spare hand to drink sparkly)

willywagtail February 17, 2010 at 12:27 AM  

Yay for you! I'm trying to kick the sugar too but at Aa particular time of the month it can be daunting. It really pays off though when the clothes start fitting better and the mirror is kinder. Go the angry knitting! Should be much easier than giving up smoking methinks. Cherie

Melanie February 17, 2010 at 7:49 AM  

willywagtail - Now that would be a bonus:)

A'isha February 17, 2010 at 8:44 PM  

hmmm. angry knitting...it worked once, why not again.

Yeah whats with the 40 thing, every thing spreads... i thought it was just canberra, but i think theres just lots of 40 somethings. Im so careful and in still growing.. argh...And i dont even eat junk (well rarely) whats with that.. so unfair...

Might be karma, i ate too much in a past life lol...

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP