Welcome to my world behind the scenes as I attempt to run a business with no idea what I am doing. I Love comments/ advice/opinions or just a quick G'day so please talk to me. I adore hearing/learning/chatting with you all so every comment is most welcome.!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bedsheets to Bathmats

Another Happy Repurposing Tale

My dog Pig chews tiny holes in our towels if we leave them on the floor and this resulted in the nunde house being bathmatless for a long time. 
---------------------------------------------------------------
My Dad tells his friends that if they don't want stuff, give it to my daughter, she collects stuff.(And then frowns at the collections scattered around the property)
Below are 3 Queen size doona covers circa 1980-ish  donated to the "Give all your unwanted stuff to my daughter " charity ©  by my Dads neighbors. Cheers Dad.
  
 Now they are yards and yards of strips
 
 And now they are speedily becoming a bathmat!
 
Brilliant, I need a bathmat!

Cheers

Melanie
Don't you love Happy Endings?!

9 comments:

Kate February 16, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

Brilliant! I only have one bathmat and it is always wet and I need another. So are you crocheting it with that little hook?

Anonymous,  February 17, 2010 at 6:53 AM  

Love those doona covers, but they will also look good as a bathmat!

Melanie February 17, 2010 at 7:48 AM  

Kate - I wanted to crochet it but no need was big enough so I had to knit it on long needles. Alas the only ones I had long enough were like toothpicks.

Hannah - The doona covers were so well worn and loved by their previous owners that you could literally stick your toes through the fabric.

Levin February 17, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

i can go one better - our cat used to wee on our bathmat all the time - you could never leave it on the floor...she's a bit weird.

on another note, wasn't your last post about not eating bad foods??? and what did i notice when i opened up your blog - a massive, enticing cupcake......it makes my cereal and fruit seem drab ;-)

l
x

Leanne February 17, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

Ooh ooh crocheted rugs are on my list of *to makes* for the little one's bedrooms. Are you crocheting this?? You should do a tutorial... ;) x

One pair of Hands February 17, 2010 at 11:41 AM  

Dads - doncha luv em? Those mats look pretty good. They'll be nice and absorbant but will Pig find them appetising, that's the question.

A'isha February 17, 2010 at 8:37 PM  

Ahh Pig... seems he has an appetite for everything...
Cant wait to see the final product.

firedaisy85 February 18, 2010 at 1:32 PM  

Wow, that looks awesome so far! Keep it up, and good luck on kicking sweets.

Baino February 24, 2010 at 10:36 PM  

I still think you're very mean for naming such a beautiful Labrador "Pig". Thank goodness mine doesn't chew anymore.

Watch this!

About This Blog

Support This

Help Me Support This Cause
Widget_logo

Visitors

Super secret test link button

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP